Cracked Wheat Fried "Rice". Add salt, Schezwan paste, soy sauce, tomato sauce and stir for a minute. Rinse the cracked wheat a few times in cold water. Bring water and cracked wheat to a boil.
Add the garlic, onion, green chillies and scallions and cook. Great recipe for Cracked Wheat Fried "Rice". Of course this is not "rice", but here is the recipe to cook cracked wheat (daliya) in form of fried rice. You can cook Cracked Wheat Fried "Rice" using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cracked Wheat Fried "Rice"
- You need of cracked wheat.
- Prepare of water.
- You need of small onion.
- It’s of carrot, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare of spinach, chopped (who adds spinach to fried rice, we do! Remember heathifying the recipe ;)).
- It’s of corn.
- You need of french beans, chopped.
- You need of scallions, chopped.
- You need of green chillies, chopped.
- You need of soya nuggets, cut into small pieces.
- You need of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Prepare of oil.
- Prepare of Schezwan paste.
- It’s of soy sauce.
- It’s of tomato sauce (optional).
- You need of salt.
This is a healthy take on everyone's favorite Chinese takeout! It's easy to prepare, and every bit as delicious as the original "Fried Rice"!. These recipes are quick, simple, yummy, and help you stick to your budget. Bring both pans to a boil and then reduce to a low heat.
Cracked Wheat Fried "Rice" instructions
- Rinse the cracked wheat a few times in cold water..
- Bring water and cracked wheat to a boil. Season with salt..
- Once the cracked wheat are fluffy and cooked thoroughly. Remove from heat, drain out the water completely and keep aside..
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the garlic, onion, green chillies and scallions and cook about 2 minutes. Then add carrot, spinach, corn, beans, soya nuggets and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add salt, Schezwan paste, soy sauce, tomato sauce and stir for a minute..
- Then add the boil cracked wheat into the pan and cook well..
- Garnish with remaining scallions and sesame seeds..
Stir occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the base. Cook until the wheat, dhal and rice are soft and tender. But the thing we all liked the most is cracked wheat. So instead of using white rice/basmati rice, I use cracked wheat for our daily meals. It goes very well with all the gravies/dals, in pulavs, pongals/khichdis etc.