Oriental Brazed Ribs. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Looking For orientals? We Have Almost Everything on eBay. In a wide stockpot or Dutch oven, combine the short ribs, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, lemongrass, ginger, brown sugar, water, green onion bottoms, crushed red.
Pour in the water, soy sauce, sugar, and rice wine. Pat the ribs dry with paper towels and cut into individual ribs. Heat the grapeseed oil in a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. You can cook Oriental Brazed Ribs using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oriental Brazed Ribs
- Prepare 2 lbs of short ribs.
- Prepare 1/2 of small onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sherry.
- It’s 1/4 cup of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of beef stock.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Brown sugar.
These slow-cooked beef short ribs are seasoned with Chinese five spice, an aromatic blend of Szechuan peppercorns, cinnamon, star anise, fennel and cloves. For optimum flavor, grind the whole spices just before using. Trim any excess fat from the top of each rib down to the first layer of meat, but don't take off any of the silverskin or the tough-looking bits that hold the ribs together or onto the bone. Combine the five-spice powder, salt, brown sugar, coriander, cumin, and black pepper in a small bowl.
Oriental Brazed Ribs step by step
- For the rub, in a blender add the onion, garlic, ginger and coriander and blend..
- Rub the ribs and set aside for 20 minutes..
- Sear ribs in a dutch oven with 2 Tbs oil. Remove and set aside..
- Combine the remaining ingredients in the dutch oven and bring to a boil. Add the ribs and reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for 1 hr, or until the meat is falling off the bone..
- Remove the ribs and reduce the sauce by half. Serve over rice or pasta..
Rub this mixture all over the ribs. Marion's Kitchen is packed with simple and delicious Asian recipes and food ideas. Braised Chinese pork ribs (Wuxi style) 無錫排骨 This Chinese pork rib is characterized by the sweetness of rock sugar, sourness of the red vinegar 镇江红醋 and the flavor from rice wine. The braise is cooked down and caramelized into a thick, luxurious red sauce, enrobed the ribs within. Combine flour and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into drippings.