Lasagna. Zet lekkere en verrassende gerechten op tafel met de Allerhande recepten van Albert Heijn. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water.
Layers of pasta, tomatoes and meat will satisfy even the pickiest eaters. This is the classic lasagne alla Bolognese recipe from the Emilia region in Northern Italy. The Bolognese sauce is made with a mixture of beef and pork mince. You can have Lasagna using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lasagna
- It’s 12 of Lasagna Noodles.
- It’s of Sauce from my Foodi Hearty Pasta Sauce Recipe.
- Prepare of Filling from my recipe Filling for Lasagna or Stuffed Shells.
- You need 1 lb of block of Whole Milk Mozzarella (grated).
- Prepare of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- You need of Fennel Seed.
- You need of Chopped Parsley for garnish.
The addition of prosciutto, red wine, cinnamon, and nutmeg make it truly authentic. Lasagna is one of those dishes that firms up a lot as it sets. Even though it might look like a cheesy, bubbly mess in the oven, if it's warmed all the way through it will be perfect once you let. This classic lasagna is made with an easy meat sauce as the base.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13×9 pan including on the sides. Boil water in a large stock pot..
- Boil lasagna noodles according to package (typically 9 minutes). Drain and immediately run cold water over them..
- I like to lay my noodles out on parchment paper to ensure they stay flat as I'm working..
- Spread thin layer of sauce (approximately one ladle full) on bottom of pan..
- Arrange 4 noodles in pan, slightly overlapping, to start first layer..
- Add 1/2 Filling for Lasagna (available in my recipes). I use a melon baller to scoop it into a grid of 12 (3×4) and then spread evenly out with the back of a spoon. Just makes for easy quick and even distribution..
- Sprinkle grated mozzarella, grated parmesan, and fennel seeds over filling mixture..
- Use approximately 1.5-2 ladles of sauce to cover 1st layer. Spread evenly with back of spoon..
- Repeat assembly for 2nd layer. (4 noodles, other half of ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, fennel seed, sauce).
- Last layer, add final 4 noodles, cover with sauce, generously cover with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley..
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil. Increase oven temp to 400°. Bake 15 minutes more. Remove and let cool 45 minutes to set..
- (optional): I usually double the recipe, assembling two. I put one in the oven. The other, I add the foil, then wrap the entire pan over and under well with saran wrap, and freeze it. I remove to refrigerator the day before I want to bake it, discard the saran wrap, and bake it the same as above..
Layer the sauce with noodles and cheese, then bake until bubbly! This is great for feeding a big family, and freezes well, too. Drain and pat dry the noodles. Overlap one third of the noodles atop the sauce to cover the pan bottom. Spread all the cooked sausage over the noodles and spoon over another cup of sauce.