Savory Veggie Muffins. Place the zucchini and carrots into a large mixing bowl along with the peas and sweetcorn. Add the cheese, milk, yogurt, olive oil and egg and stir until combined. Mix the flour and baking powder together and then slowly add to the wet ingredients.
They're perfect to make at the weekend and then enjoy in packed lunches. Grate zucchini and carrots and squeeze out excess water (from the zucchini. These Clean eating savoury, vegetable muffins are packed with vegetables, perfect for lunchboxes and can be frozen for up to two months. You can cook Savory Veggie Muffins using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Savory Veggie Muffins
- Prepare of Dry ingredients.
- You need 1 1/3 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 cup of corn meal.
- It’s 4 tbsp of ground hemp seeds.
- You need 3 tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of coconut sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of Wet ingredients.
- It’s 1/2 cup of culinary coconut milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy milk.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of ground flax seed.
- Prepare of Vegetables.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped fresh spinach.
- Prepare 1/2 of beefsteak tomato.
- You need 1/2 of red onion.
- You need 1/8 cup of peas.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of corn.
- You need 1/8 cup of sliced leek leaves.
- It’s 1 of Celery stalk.
Once you have kids, you really appreciate the value and convenience of the 'muffin concept'. COMBINE the zucchini, spring onion, eggs, avocado oil, parsley and lemon zest into a mixing bowl. FOLD through the spelt flour, and baking powder to form a batter. ADD the ricotta and parmesan and a generous pinch of sea salt then gently fold through, leaving some silky bits of ricotta through the batter.
Savory Veggie Muffins step by step
- Combine dry ingredients. Set aside..
- Stir together ground flax seed with 6 tablespoons water to form flax seed gel..
- Combine wet ingredients with flax seed gel..
- Saute the onions briefly, then toss in the rest of the vegetables, adding the spinach last. cook 1 minute..
- Combine pre-cooked vegetables with wet ingredients. Mix together..
- Bring wet/vegetable ingredients and dry ingredients together, just until there is no dry flour left in bowl..
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Add batter to muffin pan. Cook for 15-20 minutes..
Make a batch of savoury muffins with your favourite flavourings for an easy snack or lunchbox filler. Easy and quick recipe is this Savory corn cheese muffins which are loaded with vegetables, sweet corn and cheese. These are ideal for the kids snack box. You can make these best corn cheese muffins and serve them during evening tea time. Looking for a delicious and nutritious snack?