Coconut Chicken Curry. Discover The Latest Outdoor Collection Now. Selected For You By Our Experts. Advice & Inspiration To Prepare For Your Next Adventure.
Return the chicken mince to the pan, pour in the coconut milk and stir in the chopped tomatoes. In a large pot or high-sided pan over medium heat, heat oil and butter. Add the coconut milk, stock and tomatoes. You can cook Coconut Chicken Curry using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Chicken Curry
- Prepare 3 pcs of chicken fillet.
- Prepare 1 of onion cubed.
- It’s 1 of potato cubed.
- You need 1 of tomato cubed.
- Prepare 2 of carrots cubed.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of fresh garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh ginger.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 80 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli powder (optional).
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 tsp of orange peel grated.
Mix well and add the chicken. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken with the onion, scallions, garlic, cilantro, curry powder, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until shimmering, and add the onion and garlic. Toss the chicken in lemon juice and the spices (except the garam).
Coconut Chicken Curry step by step
- Heat up oil on medium heat.
- Add chicken and stir fry until brown.
- Add onion. Stir fry for two minutes.
- Add tomato, garlic & ginger. Stir fry for a minute.
- Add curry powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Add coconut milk. Mix well.
- Add carrot, potato and water. Mix well.
- Close lid and simmer on low-med heat for 25 minutes.
- Mix grated orange peel for flavour and serve warm.
Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion and chilli until soft. Add the garlic and ginger; stir to coat everything with the oil. Lower the heat to low and add in the curry powder, red curry paste, and coriander. Add the chicken pieces and the garam masala, coriander powder, turmeric and chilli. Add the chicken, sweet potatoes and lentils and stir to coat in the paste, then pour in the stock and coconut milk.