Perfect French Toast. Use Your Favorite Bread & McCormick® Spices For A Delicious French Toast Meal. Make Delicious French Toast With Vanilla Extract & Cinnamon For A Rich Flavor. All you need to know about Easy french toast recipe.
The flavor and texture were perfect. I had day old Challah on hand which I was thrilled about, because that's the secret to making perfect French toast. Next time you make these, definitely use Challah and not just any old bread. You can cook Perfect French Toast using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Perfect French Toast
- It’s 12 slice of Challah Bread preferred or any other bread of choice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of All purpose Flour.
- It’s 1 cup of Buttermilk or Buttermilk Substitute.
- Prepare 3 large of Lightly Beaten Eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 1 tbsp of White Sugar.
- You need 1 of Cooking Spray for frying.
- It’s 1 dash of Powdered Sugar as optional garnish.
You can absolutely make this recipe ahead of time. Perfect French Toast has the perfect amount of eggs to milk in the dipping mixture. If you have too much egg, the mixture won't fully absorb and you'll end up with fried eggs around the edge of your French Toast. And, if you use too much milk, your French Toast will wind up soggy.
Perfect French Toast step by step
- Cut challah bread or any bread of your choice into thick slices..
- In a large bowl, add flour. Whisk in buttermilk until well blended. Whisk in eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, vanilla extract, and sugar until blended..
- Heat griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Spray with cooking oil or butter..
- Dip bread on both sides into mixture. Place dipped bread onto griddle or frying pan and cook until golden brown on both sides. Serve hot and sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired..
From Apicius onwards, french toast recipes have made clear that the bread should be fine (ie soft) and white; medieval recipes tend to call for manchet – the paler, lighter loaf that was a great. Whisk together eggs, milk, juice, vanilla, liquor, sugar, zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl. Place bread in a shallow baking dish large enough to hold bread slices in a single layer. One or two-day-old bread is best for making French toast. If it's fresh, it will crumble or fall apart when added to the egg mixture or during cooking.