Oatmeal Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies 😎. Satisfy your sweet tooth with a cookie that has more fiber, less sugar, and no flour! Keep these protein-packed chocolate chip chickpea cookies gluten-free by using gluten-free oatmeal. Watch how this recipe comes together on HSTV.com.
Just made some chickpea flour chocolate chip cookies using your recipe. I have tried other gluten free flours before and found them lacking…too dry, weird aftertaste, etc. These cookies are so delicious and taste like a choc chip cookie using traditional flour, eggs, milk…all the things my body no longer lets me eat without. You can have Oatmeal Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies 😎 using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oatmeal Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies 😎
- You need 3/4 cup of chickpea flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of virgin coconut oil, melted.
- It’s 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Himalayan pink salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of rolled oats.
- You need 1/2 cup of (80-100g) dark chocolate eg 85% – cut into choc chip size pieces -or use choc chips 😬.
- Prepare of Option: Handful of hazelnuts or walnuts toasted and chopped.
Great recipe for Oatmeal Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies 😎. This recipe is from Eat Sunny in NY. And is on their website but saving it here because i make these cookies often! Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or use a silpat.
Oatmeal Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies 😎 step by step
- Preheat oven to 110C. On a lined baking tray, spread the chickpea flour. Bake for 1.5-2 hrs… when it becomes fragrant, it’s ready. Leave to cool..
- Preheat oven to 175C..
- Mix the coconut oil and maple syrup..
- Add the vanilla and egg and mix well..
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well..
- Add oats and chocolate. And nuts if using. Mix well..
- Make balls from the dough and put onto a baking tray. And press down slightly. Better if they are flatter than in this photo..
- Bake for about 15 mins. Until golden. (These are a little over-golden as i left them in a bit too long.) Cool and serve. Enjoy 😋.
Peel bananas and mash well in bowl with potato masher or large fork. Add all other ingredients and stir well. Add the chickpea flour and pulse to combine. Add the salt, baking powder, baking soda and cardamom; process to combine well. Transfer to a bowl and add the remaining cup of oatmeal and mix to combine.