Short Rib Ragu Pasta. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Award-winning Meat As Chosen By Michelin-Star Chefs, Delivered To Your Door. Fill a large pot with water and add a few tablespoons of salt. Set over high heat, and bring to a boil.
Add the olive oil to a Dutch oven or large, heavy-bottomed pot and heat over high heat until shimmering. Drain the pasta and transfer to a large serving bowl. Using a slotted spoon, spoon the short rib mixture on top of the pasta. You can have Short Rib Ragu Pasta using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Short Rib Ragu Pasta
- Prepare 3-4 pieces of short rib beef.
- It’s 500 g of dry tagliatelle.
- Prepare 800 ml of beef stock.
- You need Can of tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of smoked paprika.
- You need of Onion, Garlic, Carrots, Celery.
- It’s 1/2 bottle of red wine.
- Prepare of Thyme.
Using a spoon, add enough of the braising liquid to lightly coat the pasta, and toss to combine. These twirlable strands known as pici (pronounced "peachy") are fatter than spaghetti, and are a winning shape for pasta-making beginners and kids. While you play with the dough, the short ribs braise in the oven until they're fall-apart tender and saucy enough to coat the noodles—and melt in your mouth. Slow-Cooker Short Rib Ragu over Pappardelle An irresistible sauce gives this beef another dimension of flavor.
Short Rib Ragu Pasta instructions
- Prepare short ribs by trimming excess fat, connective tissue and skin.
- Salt each side and leave overnight or for a few hours.
- Pad meat dry and season with pepper, brown meat on high heat and set aside.
- Add diced celery, onion and carrot to the same pot with a pinch of salt.
- Add garlic and fry for another minute until vegetables are caramelized nicely.
- Add can of tomatoes, smoked paprika and reduce by half and deglaze fond on bottom of the pot.
- Add red wine, beef stock, thyme and bay leaves to pot.
- Re-add short ribs and place in oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- Cook until extremely tender (approx 3-4hrs), add equal parts stock and wine into pot if liquid levels drop before meat is ready.
- Remove meat and shred removing any excess fat or connective tissue.
- Re-add meat to sauce and reduce on hob until sauce consistency is reached.
- Serve with tagliatelle, grated parmesan, fresh chopped parsley and a glass of wine ;).
Nearly any starchy side, such as potatoes or polenta, will work in place of the pasta. Short ribs are my crowd-pleaser weekend meal for all occasions. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Turn braised short ribs into a ragù that's fabulous over tube-shaped pasta and sprinkled with Parmesan (you might need to reserve some of the pasta cooking water for loosening the sauce). But you can also leave the ribs whole and serve them, along with their sauce, over mashed potatoes or polenta.