Stuffed Mustard Green Leaves. Stuffed Mustard Greens THIS RECIPE WAS INSPIRED BY DOLMADES, the classic Greek appetizer. Mustard greens, a deliciously bitter leaf, stand in for grape leaves, and the earthiness of celery root and. When the liquids reduce by half add the liquid smoke, onion, and spices.
Stir in the cooking sherry and allow to cook until almost evaporated. Cook for a minute or two more on low heat until the cream has started to thicken. Mix together, then drizzle some olive oil on top and garnish with a sprig of dill. You can have Stuffed Mustard Green Leaves using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Mustard Green Leaves
- Prepare 12 Leaves of Mustard Green Preservation see my recipe.
- Prepare 36 ounces of your favourite pasta sauce.
- It’s 1 pound of Mexican Chorizo sausage.
- It’s 24 ounces of cauliflower rice.
- You need 1 pound of ground pork.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of lard.
- You need 1 of large onion diced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- You need To taste of sour cream.
- Prepare To taste of dill weed.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of liquid smoke.
For the collards: Bring a large pot of water to a boil and have a bowl of ice water ready. Fold the sides over, then roll up tightly, tucking in the sides as you go. Place in the pan, seam side down, fitting the. The greens taste best without seeds.
Stuffed Mustard Green Leaves step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook the cauliflower in the microwave. Put in a deep pan. I formed a crater so the liquids would gather and cook out. When the liquids reduce by half add the liquid smoke, onion, and spices..
- Add the chorizo and mix well then add ground pork..
- Spread a couple of the leaves out. Then add mixture to the leaves. Roll it up. Set in a hot skillet..
- Repeat till done. Add the pasta sauce to the rolls. Add water to jar and pour over the leaves..
- Put into the oven for 30-40 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes. Serve with sour cream with dill weed on the top. I hope you enjoy!!!! Serve any leftover cauliflower rice with pasta sauce..
You can use many cooking greens interchangeably in recipes like this one, but understanding their differences is helpful. Collards have long, flat leaves and a mild flavor. Kale's varieties range from curly and green, to purply-red (redbor), to. Rinse mustard greens in cold water. Shake off the excess water and pat dry with a paper towel.