Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins. Whisk the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Spoon batter into muffin liners, filling all. These Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins are moist and sweet with kick of jalapeno!
Sweetness of two kinds of corn, hint of salt, and heat of Jalapeno chili. Place the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine. In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda and salt. You can have Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of yellow cornmeal.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1/2 cup of melted unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 2 of jalapenos, seeded & diced.
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, butter, sugar, eggs and honey. You can also make mini jalapeno cornbread muffins if you want by using a mini muffin pan. The muffins are done when they turn golden brown, but you can check them with a toothpick as well. Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins Tips: USE real cheese.
Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray; set aside..
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking soda and salt..
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, butter, sugar, eggs and honey. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist. Add jalapenos and cheese, and gently toss to combine..
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray. Place into oven and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean..
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack..
- Serve with an extra drizzle of honey..
Get out the grater, and shred it. The pre-shredded cheese has a starch coating on it that does not perform well in baked goods. PREHEAT the muffin tin with the oven. I use lard a lot around the kitchen, and especially when I'm cooking with my cast iron, but I shared in my Skillet Cornbread Recipe that lard is the. Today's recipe for Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins is actually sweet and savory.