Grandma's Sugar Cookies and Frosting. Grandma's Sugar Cookies and Frosting Hey everyone, hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, grandma's sugar cookies and frosting. It is one of my favorites food recipes.
In a large bowl, cream the sugar, butter, vanilla and salt. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture. Remove butter and eggs and allow to come to room. You can have Grandma's Sugar Cookies and Frosting using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grandma's Sugar Cookies and Frosting
- Prepare of Cookies.
- You need 1/2 cup of Real Butter.
- It’s 1 cup of Crisco.
- Prepare 2 cups of Granulated Sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of Almond Flavoring.
- You need 4 of Eggs.
- You need 5 cups of Flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare of Frosting.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Real Butter.
- You need 4 cups of Powdered Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Almond Flavoring.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- You need of Whipping Cream to consistency.
- It’s of Food Coloring.
Cream together butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add in eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Pour in flour, baking soda, powder, and salt and mix until fully combined. Cover bowl with saran wrap, place in fridge, and let it chill for an hour.
Grandma's Sugar Cookies and Frosting instructions
- Cream together butter, crisco, granulated sugar, almond flavoring until light and fluffy (at least 4 minutes)..
- Add eggs, one at a time until blended..
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Resift 2 more times..
- Add dry ingredients to cookie batter and blend well..
- Chill for 15-20 minutes..
- Roll out to 1/4" thickness on lightly floured surface..
- Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes..
- Frosting: Cream butter, salt and flavoring until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar. Add whipping cream a little at a time until proper consistency. Frost and decorate as desired..
Note: This will give you enough to frost a batch of cookies, but I always double the recipe so I have LOTS of frosting to play with. In a mixer on high, cream the butter, sugar, and eggs together. Turn mixer to low and add baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, vanilla, and milk until well combined. Slowly add in the flour a little at a time until well combined. FROSTING Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth.