Spicy Pinto Beans and Bacon – CROCKPOT. Rinse the beans several times, drain and put into a bowl. Drain the beans, rinse with more water (several times) until water runs clear. Slow Cooker Spicy Pinto Beans – Spicy pinto beans made in the slow cooker are the perfect side dish for barbecues, potlucks and picnics.
Spice it up by adding chopped/seeded jalapeno peppers as a garnish or incorporate into. more Laurel. Here is how you do it. Here is how you cook that. You can cook Spicy Pinto Beans and Bacon – CROCKPOT using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Pinto Beans and Bacon – CROCKPOT
- It’s 2 cups of dry pinto beans.
- Prepare of Lots of water.
- Prepare 1 of large yellow onion, chopped.
- You need 8 strips of thick cut bacon, baked and chopped.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Tastefully Simple brand Green Tea Peppercorn seasoning blend.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Pinto Bean Seasoning (recipe below).
Although commercially packaged beans contain fewer foreign objects than beans of yesteryear, there still is a chance you will come across a stone or two. Empty the bag onto a tray or cutting board and remove any. Slow Cooker Pinto Beans are an easy recipe to make. Dump all your ingredients in, stir and go about your day.
Spicy Pinto Beans and Bacon – CROCKPOT step by step
- Lay dry beans on a towel in a single layer and inspect for odd beans and foreign objects (small rocks). Discard what you've culled out..
- Rinse the beans several times, drain and put into a bowl. Cover with 3 inches of water and soak for at least 8 hours or overnight..
- Drain the beans, rinse with more water (several times) until water runs clear..
- Put beans and all other ingredients into a crockpot with enough water to cover by 2 inches..
- Cook on high for 6 hours..
- Serve with cornbread muffins and sliced avocado..
- PINTO BEAN SEASONING (credit to Carl Oberlander) 4 tsp salt 2 TB cumin 1 tsp sugar 1 TB paprika 1 TB chili powder 1 TB onion powder 1 TB garlic powder Store in an airtight container for up to six months..
It's a perfect Sunday evening dinner, busy weeknight meal or a game day gathering meal too. Packed full of smoky flavors from your ham or bacon, chipotle flakes and smoked paprika, these beans get more delicious the longer they cook. How to make pinto beans in the slow cooker: Pinto beans – No need to presoak. Cooking the beans on high will tenderize them just fine. Chicken broth – Seems like a strange ingredient but adds flavor and saltiness to the beans.; Onion – Sweet yellow onion is best.; Jalapenos – One or two depending on how spicy you want the beans.; Spices – Chili, onion, and garlic powder.