Coffee-Rubbed Smoked Beef Tenderloin. Place marinaded tenderloin on hot, oiled grill grates. Place the dry apple or pecan wood chips on the hot side of the grill, opposite of the meat. Dash Worcestershire sauce on meat to taste.
Rub with olive oil, then season generously with the rub. Suspend the meat from the hook inside the Pit Barrel®. Place meat on the rack in the prepared baking pan. You can have Coffee-Rubbed Smoked Beef Tenderloin using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coffee-Rubbed Smoked Beef Tenderloin
- You need of Rub/Marinade.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of coarse salt, sea salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder, or 5-6 cloves diced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ground coffee, or instant coffee, espresso powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of onion powder or 1/4cup of minced white onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of red pepper flake.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Hungarian paprika.
- It’s 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of Meat.
- Prepare 3 lb of Beef Tenderloin, Roast Beef.
- Prepare of apple or pecan wood chips, dry.
- It’s of olive oil.
Sprinkle coffee mixture evenly over top and sides of meat; rub in and press lightly with your fingers. Mix all the dry ingredients together, except the Worcestershire sauce, and rub all over the tenderloin till completely covered. Rub with olive oil, then season generously with the rub. Substitute smoked paprika for the regular paprika.
Coffee-Rubbed Smoked Beef Tenderloin step by step
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, except the Worcestershire sauce, and rub all over the tenderloin till completely covered. Marinate covered in refrigerator for 4-6 hours, or for more flavor marinate over night..
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Place an oven safe container filled 3/4 of the way with water in oven while preheating for steam and keeping tenderloin moist..
- If using a charcoal grill, place coals mainly to one side of the grill so there's a cool and hot side. Preheat charcoal or gas grill on high. Clean grates very well. Using a paper towel and thongs, rub an olive oil soaked paper towel on the hot grill grates where you will be placing the meat. This prevents sticking of the meat and spices..
- Turn off flame on meat side of grill, or place meat on the cool side of charcoal grill. Place marinaded tenderloin on hot, oiled grill grates. Place the dry apple or pecan wood chips on the hot side of the grill, opposite of the meat. Dash Worcestershire sauce on meat to taste. Close lid and smoke for 20min. Open lid and flip meat. Dash with Worcestershire sauce. Smoke for another 15 min. Remove and take to oven..
- If you have a rib rack, place meat fat side up on baking sheet next to the container or water in the preheated oven..
- Once tenderloin is in 500°F preheated oven, close door, turn off oven and heat and Do Not open for 1-1/2 hr (hour and half)!!! Your oven will act like a Dutch Oven and will slowly cook your cook your meat keeping juices inside the meat. (Bake 30min per pound of meat).
- After cooking time, pull tenderloin out and let rest 10min before cutting. Enjoy!! Slight smoke taste on outside with a subtle, sweet-peppery aftertaste. Can go with so many sides!!.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Transfer skillet to oven; cook steaks until … Directions On very large sheet plastic wrap, brush tenderloin with oil. Transfer seared meat to the prepared baking sheet. Rub the beef tenderloin all over with pepper and salt. (We used a combination of kosher and cherry-smoked salt.) Rub the meat all over with the olive oil. Place the meat in the smoker, and insert the Smokehouse penetration probe into the center of the loin.