Open-faced Piadines. Open-face Hamburgers With Caramelized Onions And Balsamic Vinegar, Open Face Apple Pie, Open Face Apple Pie Piadine is a chewy, grilled Italian flatbread that has been around for centuries and remains very popular in the Emilia Romagna region of Italy. It's terrific topped with sandwich fixings or salad … Sort of like a healthy pizza, sort of like an open-faced sandwich, the piadine orginally comes from Emilia-Romagna in Italy and has an infinite number of variations. The piadine pictured above, for instance, is a mediterranean version, in which hummus is spread on the dough before it goes into a pizza oven for a brief baking, after which it is.
Open-faced definition is – served without a covering layer (as of bread or pastry). How to use open-faced in a sentence. Italian Food in a Comfortable and Casual Setting – Dublin, CA – A variety of Italian favorites, plus a few surprises that won't break the bank. You can have Open-faced Piadines using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Open-faced Piadines
- It’s 1 pound of ground sirloin.
- It’s 1 of medium onion chopped, optional.
- It’s 1 quart of spaghetti sauce your favorite or homemade.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese your favorite.
- You need 1 of medium tomato sliced, optional.
- Prepare 4 slices of piadine bread see my recipe.
Staff and owners are very friendly. Even though they raise there prices a bit last year the food is still and excellent value compared to competitors selling similar fare. Steak at Tomatina "I come whenever I crave pasta and don't want to drive too far. Tomatina is an okay place–you can get pasta, pizza, salads, piadines, that kind of thing.
Open-faced Piadines instructions
- Preheat oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown the meat..
- Add the salt and sauce bring to a simmer..
- After simmering for 7 minutes add the parmesan cheese..
- Simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add some sauce.
- Add onions and tomatoes if you like..
- Add cheese on top.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes. Just enough time to let the cheese melt..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.