Bigmama's Saturday Morning Biscuits. Huge Selection on Second Hand Books. World of Books is one of the largest online sellers of second-hand books in the world Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Bigmama's Saturday Morning Biscuits Jada Monet Over The Rainbow Every Saturday Morning the kids would get up early to watch cartoons.
Bigmama would be in the kitchen preparing a big country breakfast. The star of the show was always her biscuits. She had several biscuit recipes but this simple one was one of my favorites. You can have Bigmama's Saturday Morning Biscuits using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bigmama's Saturday Morning Biscuits
- You need 2 of & 1/2 cups self rising flour (I use White Lily).
- Prepare 1/2 stick of cold salted butter, diced.
- It’s 1/2 of of a Crisco baking stick (or use 1/2 cup of shortening).
- It’s 1 cup of ice cold buttermilk.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoons of melted butter.
- It’s of Flour for dusting and kneeding.
Can't wait to have a little helper in the kitchen. My wife and I are working on adopting to start our family, and. Узнать причину. Закрыть. Have a nice Saturday !. * * Saturday is a day on which many people Enjoy life in really means By saying thanks to God for Making Good Morning. Big Mama's Biscuits – warm, soft, fluffy and made.
Bigmama's Saturday Morning Biscuits instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly spray a baking pan with no-stick cooking spray..
- Place flour in large bowl. With pastry blender or fork, cut (blend) in shortening and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs..
- Make a well (hole) in center of mixture. Add buttermilk, and mix until dough forms. (Dough will be a little sticky) Note: Use gloves if you don't like to touch wet dough)..
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Lightly sprinkle flour over top of dough and in your hands. Knead dough lightly for one minute. (Dust dough lightly with flour if it sticks)..
- Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll dough out. Fold dough in half & repeat rolling and folding process 4 more times. Dust dough and surface area with flour as needed..
- Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with a 2 1/2-inch floured round biscuit cutter, reshaping scraps and flouring as needed. (I used a glass).
- Place biscuits in baking pan (make sure biscuits are touching) and bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush tops of biscuits with melted butter..
Bigmama's Saturday Morning Biscuits step by step. Lightly spray a baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. With pastry blender or fork, cut (blend) in shortening and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well (hole) in center of mixture. Add buttermilk, and mix until dough forms. (Dough will be a little sticky) Note: Use gloves.