Chewy Ginger Cookies Recipe. Beat in the egg, molasses and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients except granulated sugar.
Whisk flour, ground ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat brown sugar, shortening, and butter in a large bowl,. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. You can cook Chewy Ginger Cookies Recipe using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chewy Ginger Cookies Recipe
- It’s 3/4 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened.
- It’s 1 cup of Granulated Sugar, plus 1/4 cup, for rolling the cookies in.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Molasses or Brown Sugar.
- You need 1 of large Egg.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of All-Purpose Flour.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Ground Ginger.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Ground Cloves.
Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Whisk together melted butter, sugars, egg and egg yolk, and maple syrup in a large bowl. In another bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and spices. Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies Ingredients: To make this chewy ginger molasses cookies recipe, you will need: Butter: Completely softened to room temperature (not melted, or else it will not cream properly with the sugars) Sugars: I use half granulated (white) sugar, half packed brown sugar, plus extra sugar for rolling the dough balls.
Chewy Ginger Cookies Recipe step by step
- In a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy..
- Add the molasses and the egg and mix well..
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves until well combined..
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix well..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Roll the cookie dough into 1.5 tablespoon sized balls (use a cookie scoop if you like), roll them in granulated sugar, and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are just set..
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for one week, or freeze for up to 3 months..
Molasses: I typically opt for "original" (versus dark. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, and salt and then combine the mixture with your hands. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the. Instructions In a mixing bowl, add the flour baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt. Stir together, and then using a sifter, sift the dry ingredients making sure there are no lumps.