Copycat Starbucks Lemon Bread. Starbucks Lemon Loaf (Copycat Recipe) This easy-peasy Starbucks lemon loaf recipe makes it possible to have your favorite drive-thru treat at home! Whenever I'm at Starbucks, my number one priority is the lemon loaf, not the coffee. It's so ridiculously moist and packed with lemon flavor!
Moist bread recipe with a sweet vanilla glaze, freezer friendly too! There are some things in my life that only the name brand will do, and no amount of copycats or generics can be acceptable. Some copycat recipes call for lemon extract or lemon oil, but most people don't have that on hand, so I use fresh lemon juice and lemon zest to get a big punch of lemon flavor into this bread. You can have Copycat Starbucks Lemon Bread using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Copycat Starbucks Lemon Bread
- Prepare of yellow cake mix.
- It’s of small box of non instant lemon pudding mix.
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
- You need of large eggs.
- It’s of sour cream.
- You need of milk (I use whole milk).
- You need of fresh squeezed lemon juice (3-4 lemons).
- Prepare of Icing.
- You need of confectioners sugar.
- You need of freshly squeezes lemon juice.
The lemon icing also provides a huge hit of lemon zing to this bread which I love! The Best Lemon Loaf Recipe Some people call it the Starbucks Lemon Cake or Starbucks Lemon Bread. Whatever you call it, it's delicious. Because my daughter can't eat most commercially prepared baked goods due to a food allergy, I had to make a Copycat Starbucks Lemon Loaf recipe so that she could enjoy it as well.
Copycat Starbucks Lemon Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 2 loaf pans..
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix,oil, eggs, sour cream, milk, and 6 tablespoons lemon juice. Beat for 2 minutes and pour into prepared pans..
- Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted comes out clean, 40-50 minutes. Cool in pans for 20 minutes. Remove from pans and allow to cool completely..
- Whisk confectioners sugar and 3 tablespoons lemon juice together until smooth. Spoon evenly over loaves. Let set 30 minutes before slicing..
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar with a hand mixer or whisk until they're fluffy and light yellow. Next, add in the eggs one at a time, beating the mixture well in between each addition. Then, beat in the lemon zest and vanilla extract. Use a mixer to blend together the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon extract and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Pour wet ingredient into the dry ingredients and blend until smooth.