Focassia bread. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt, sugar, yeast, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, basil and black pepper. Mix in the vegetable oil and water. Liberally sprinkle the top of the focaccia with some coarse sea salt and lightly drizzle a little oil on top.
Add the yeast mix and vegetable oil to the dry ingredients and combine. When dough has pulled together, turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Focaccia (pronounced "fuh-KA-cha") is a type of Italian yeast bread baked in flat sheet pans. You can have Focassia bread using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Focassia bread
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of warm water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of warm milk.
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 packet of yeast.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 3 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped fresh rosemary.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sliced onions.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped cherry tomatoes.
Focaccia dough is flavored with olive oil and sometimes topped with herbs and other vegetables. Focaccia bread is a traditional Italian flatbread that is so delicious. It's a very simple bread made with a few simple ingredients and is usually flavoured with olive oil and rosemary, but there are many variations. Focaccia bread is a thick and slightly chewy flat bread that is great for dunking!
Focassia bread instructions
- In a bowl add warm milk, sugar, salt, yeast and 2 tsp all-purpose flour mix it cover it and keep it in a warm place so that the mixture gets frothy, it will take 30 minutes…
- After that in a mixing bowl put all-purpose flour, salt, yeast mixture and water as required knead it to make a sticky dough knead for 10 minutes then apply little oil in a bowl put this dough in it greased it with oil cover it with cheesecloth and keep it in a dark warm place until it becomes double in size…
- After that take a baking tray greased it with oil then spread bread crumbs, now gently take out the dough stretch it then put it the baking tray drizzle it with some olive oil, tucking it with fingers then put veggies, chilli flakes, fresh chopped basil, sea salt then again cover it with cling wrap until it becomes double in size…
- After that take out the wrap put it in the preheated oven at 425 degree Fahrenheit for 23 to 25 minutes or until golden…
It would go perfectly with this Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup, Creamy White Chicken Chili or Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup. Focaccia is a flat bread by definition – part of its appeal is the high crust to crumb ratio – so you should not bake focaccia in a bread machine ever. BTW – I love your writing style – very clear, easy to follow and you always add an element of fun into each recipe. Always a delight to read your work! Focaccia is one of the most famous Italian flatbreads.