Boiled Beef. Boil and add black peppercorns, bay leaves, carrots, and onions. Take the solution off the stove and add salt. Boiled meat can make a tender and juicy stew or pot roast.
In a large pot, combine the beef and water and bring to the boil. reduce to a simmer and allow to. Then bring slowly to a boil, skimming frequently. Drain the beef, and place on a serving platter, covering to keep warm. You can cook Boiled Beef using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Boiled Beef
- Prepare 500 g of brisket.
- You need 500 g of short rib.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 of tblsp thyme.
- You need 2 of medium onions chopped.
- It’s 4 of chilies chopped (optional).
- You need 2 of beef stock.
- You need 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
Wash the beef and bones, pat dry and place in the pot (make sure that everything is covered with water). Boiling beef tends to harden the albumin (a protein) over the entire surface of the cut, which makes a coating through which the juices cannot escape. This contributes not only to the juiciness but also the tenderness of the beef. In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, combine beef chuck, shank, short ribs, oxtail, thyme, onion, garlic, celery, peppercorns, and bay leaf.
Boiled Beef instructions
- Add thyme to meat add water and boil on medium heat for 1 hour..
- Remove cooked meat and chop. Reserve the beef stock for later. On medium heat fry onions and chilli till soft. Add meat and fry for 10 minutes turning often..
- Add beef stock water, beef stock, Worcestershire sauce. Bring down to a simmer and simmer for 1 hour. Add salt and pepper and enjoy..
Bring to a simmer, then lower heat to maintain a very gentle simmer. Place the brisket and contents of spice packet in a Dutch oven. Add the peppercorns, bay leaves and enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Add potatoes, carrots and onion; bring to a boil. The baking soda will help to tenderize the beef.