Finnish Pulla for Bread Machine. Compare Prices on Breadmaker Machines in Home Appliances. Our Research and Testing Has Helped Hundreds of Millions of People Find the Best Products. In a small saucepan (or in the microwave), warm the milk, and melt the butter in the warm milk.
Program bread machine to dough setting. Remove dough from bread machine pan and place on lightly floured surface. Finnish Pulla , Bread Machine recipe: Try this Finnish Pulla , Bread Machine recipe, or contribute your own. You can have Finnish Pulla for Bread Machine using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Finnish Pulla for Bread Machine
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water, lukewarm.
- It’s 3 of eggs, 1 egg reserved for glaze.
- Prepare 4 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ground cardamom.
- You need 1 tablespoon of yeast.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter, cut into 4 chunks.
- It’s 1-2 tablespoons of pearl sugar for topping loaves.
Bread Machine Pulla Pulla, a traditional Finnish coffee bread, is a braided, cardamom-scented bread, topped with sugared sliced almonds. Makes a wonderful holiday gift, too. Bake according to manufacturer's directions using "light. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
Finnish Pulla for Bread Machine instructions
- Place milk, water, and 2 lightly beaten eggs in bread machine pan..
- Add flour, sugar, salt, cardamom in pan, then top with yeast and butter. Program bread machine to dough setting..
- Remove dough from bread machine pan and place on lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 3 equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into 10-14 inch strand and braid like you would hair. Pinch and tuck ends under and place on greased or parchment covered baking sheet. Lightly cover with clean kitchen towel and let rise for about 30-45 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat remaining egg and gently brush on loaf top and sides with pastry brush. Sprinkle with pearl sugar. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until light golden brown. Cool on wire rack, then slice to serve..
Beat until the dough is smooth and elastic. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Beat until the dough is smooth and elastic. Pullapitko, or pulla bread, is a cardamom-spiced sweet loaf that can be found from the north to the south of Finland. It's like if a buttery brioche and a challah had a love-child; it's mixed with loads of milk and butter (courtesy of a brioche father) and woven like challah (thanks, Mom!).