Slow Cooker Beef Stew. In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery. Place flour in a large shallow dish.
Instructions Mix vegetables, water and Beef Stew Seasoning Mix in slow cooker. Stir into ingredients in slow cooker. Pour beef and onions into a slow cooker. You can cook Slow Cooker Beef Stew using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- It’s 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 3 sticks of celery chopped.
- Prepare 3 of carrots oblique cut.
- You need 3 of tblsp thyme.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 of tblsp tomato paste.
- Prepare 3 of tblsp Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 cups of beef stock.
- It’s 600 g of beef (brisket and short rib) cut.
- You need 2 cups of mushrooms cut in half.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 of red pepper chunky chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 of yellow pepper chunky chopped.
- You need 2 of green peppers chunky chopped.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Pour broth mixture into the same skillet and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon. Slow-Cooker Beef Stew When there's a chill in the air, nothing beats this Crock-Pot beef stew. Seasoned with thyme and dry mustard, the hearty slow-cooked stew is chock-full of tender carrots, potatoes and beef. —Earnestine Wilson, Waco, Texas This traditional Beef Stew is the best Slow Cooker recipe for Fall and Winter. It's loaded with tender bites of juicy beef, golden potatoes, carrots, peas, red wine, onions, garlic, and a hearty beef broth.
Slow Cooker Beef Stew step by step
- On medium heat, fry onions, celery and garlic for 2 minutes. Add carrots and fry for a further 2 minutes. Add thyme and bay leaves and stir..
- Add tomatoes paste and Worcester sauce and stir. Add beef stock and bring to a gentle simmer. Tip into the slow cooker..
- Clean pan and brown the beef in small batches and tip into the the slow cooker..
- In same pan add water and smoothly scrapping of the brown bits at the bottom. Add mushrooms and bring to gentle boil for 2 minutes and then tip into to slow cooker. Stir inside the slow cooker Cook on low for 8 hours or 4 hours on high. I cooked on high..
- With 1 hour left add peppers. If you want a saucy stew, dissolve 4 tsp cornflour with a splash of water and tip into the slow cooker and stir. Season with salt and pepper and serve with desired..
Serve it with warm baguettes or even over creamy mashed potatoes. Stir in beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire, thyme, rosemary, paprika, caraway seeds and bay leaves until well combined; season with salt and pepper, to taste. How to Make Beef Stew in a Slow Cooker Dab beef dry season with salt and pepper then brown beef in a skillet with olive oil. Saute onions and celery, followed by garlic then tomato paste. This Slow Cooker Beef Stew is a delicious, old fashioned beef stew recipe simmered in the slow cooker with tender meat, carrots, potatoes and celery.