Nikki's Bacon Mac n Cheese. More Recipes from BluebonnetGal Add the cooked macaroni and the parsley and fold that all in to coat the macaroni with the cheese mixture. There are few dishes more comforting and indulgent than mac and cheese, and this Baked Mac and Cheese with Bacon will become your new go-to. Mac and cheese may seem straightforward, but in an all-star mac, each component is carefully considered and intentionally chosen to build a creamy, melty pasta bake.
Sprinkle the top with the bacon and breadcrumbs. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. You can have Nikki's Bacon Mac n Cheese using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nikki's Bacon Mac n Cheese
- Prepare 1 lb of cooked (al dente) penne pasta.
- You need 2 of 9 oz pouches Pregresso Recipe Starters 3 cheese cooking sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of light cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk (or just use 3/4 cup if you dont have cream).
- It’s 4 cup of shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 8 slice of american cheese.
- It’s 8 slice of cooked and crumbled crispy bacon.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of yellow mustard.
- It’s 1 dash of white pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of italian panko bread crumbs with cheese (or just mix plain panko with italian bread crumbs).
For bacon mac and cheese, you first want to cut bacon into small squares and cook it in a pan. Some of the bacon fat gets mixed with flour, milk and water to make a sauce, and the pasta simmers in the sauce until tender. Add a generous amount of cheddar cheese, and stir in the crispy bacon. Place chopped bacon in the bottom of a dutch oven or large pot over medium heat.
Nikki's Bacon Mac n Cheese instructions
- preheat oven to 400, spray 3 quart casserole with cooking spray..
- in a 3 quart saucepan, heat cheese sauce, milk, and cream to boiling. stir. remove from heat and stir in mustard, american cheese, 2 cups cheddar, and pepper. stir until cheeses are melted. add pasta and half the bacon, mix well..
- spoon pasta mix into casserole, top with remaining cheddar. bake uncovered about 15 minutes and cheese is bubbly..
- sprinkle with bread crumbs and cook an additional 5 minutes. enjoy! **note: measurements for cheddar and bacon are suggestions based on what i use, feel free to add more if you prefer! :-P.
Use a slotted spoon to remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside. This was my first time making any type of baked Mac and Cheese, and it came out great. Rave reviews from the hubby and kids. This will make the sauce zesty and spicy! Follow the rest of the recipe as given.