German Pumpernickel Bread for Bread Machine. Steps Mix all the ingredients in the bread machine starting with the water and finishing with the yeast. Pumpernickel Bread is a dense and moist rye bread made with coarse rye-flour. It has a dark color and was a traditional German bread served in the Fall and during the holidays.
Pumpernickel bread is a heavier dark bread. Our recipe uses both rye and whole wheat flours. The molasses, cocoa and coffee not only add flavor, but they also increase the deep brown color. You can have German Pumpernickel Bread for Bread Machine using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of German Pumpernickel Bread for Bread Machine
- It’s of warm water.
- You need of coconut or avocado oil.
- It’s of maple syrup or molasses.
- It’s of cocoa powder.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of all purpose bread flour.
- You need of dark rye flour.
- It’s of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare of dry yeast.
Packed with all your favorite ingredients, wraps are an easy lunch option for the whole family. Whether you need to pack lunches for school or work, or everyone is still at home, wraps are easy, quick, and can last to your lunch break. Dark Rye (Pumpernickel) Bread for the Bread Machine. Pumpernickel is a black bread made with rye flour.
German Pumpernickel Bread for Bread Machine instructions
- Mix all the ingredients in the bread machine starting with the water and finishing with the yeast..
- Set the machine to 2lbs bread size basic program..
- Once the cycle is done, let the bread sit on the counter for 20-30 minutes before slicing and serving it..
It is often known as the "typical" German bread, and it is also popular in other European countries like Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Poland, etc. Traditional German pumpernickel contains no colouring agents. Cocoa powder and molasses lend the classic deep brown colour to this pumpernickel bread. Remove the pumpernickel from the loaf tin and place on a wire rack to cool. Black Forest Pumpernickel Bread Machine Loaf.