Vickys Slow Baked Ribs, GF DF EF SF NF. Vickys Baked Spare Ribs – Dry Rub Style, GF DF EF SF NF [email protected] Free-From Cookbook Scotland We love spare ribs over here. Baby back ribs are more an overseas thing, we like the meatier, larger ribs. Vickys Baked Spare Ribs – Dry Rub Style, GF DF EF SF NF Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today.
For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious. Baby back ribs are more an overseas thing, we like the meatier, larger ribs. You can have Vickys Slow Baked Ribs, GF DF EF SF NF using 4 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Slow Baked Ribs, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 900 grams (2 racks) of / 2 pounds) short ribs, membrane removed if preferred.
- Prepare 250 ml of favourite BBQ sauce, see the links below for mine.
- Prepare of spray oil.
- You need of peeled garlic cloves, salt & pepper, favourite dry rub…
You'll find my 'soy' sauce within my recipe list Vickys Venison Cider Casserole, GF DF EF SF NF instructions. Season the flour with salt & pepper then toss the venison in the flour. Melt the sunflower spread in a frying pan and brown the diced venison. Vickys Slow-Cook Vegetable Chilli, GF DF EF SF NF instructions.
Vickys Slow Baked Ribs, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Prepare the ribs the day before cooking either by marinating in your favourite sauce or rubbing with your favourite spice blend and letting sit in the fridge overnight wrapped in clingfilm so the ribs absorb the flavours.
- I just like to rub a clove of garlic over mine, sprinkle over some salt & pepper and pat it in, then coat them in some of the sauce I'll be finishing them with before wrapping them.
- Take the ribs out of the fridge an hour before cooking to bring them to room temperature, unwrap them.
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180 / 350°F and line a baking tray with foil, lightly sprayed with oil.
- Put the ribs on the baking tray and bake for 10 minutes, then flip over and bake another 10 minutes.
- Coat with some sauce and bake again for 10 minutes, then flip over and bake a further 10 minutes. Total bake time so far is 40 minutes. This gives them colour and bakes the top layer of sauce in.
- Now make sure the ribs are lying meaty side down and cover the tin with another large sheet of foil. The side that'll be towards the ribs needs also to be sprayed lightly with oil as before. Tuck the foil around the tin so no steam can escape.
- Turn the oven heat down to gas 1, 130C or 250°F – 275°F and bake at this lower temp for 90 minutes.
- Take off the top foil and carefully turn the racks over so the meaty side is facing upwards. Drain off any liquid from the bottom of the tin.
- Coat in the sauce of your choice and bake for a final 15 – 30 minutes or until fork tender. To test you can gently pull each end bone and see what the 'give' is like. Just for info, in this picture the top rib rack is coated in my tomato based BBQ sauce, the bottom is coated in my teriyaki/pineapple BBQ sauce.
- Let stand for 20 minutes then slice and serve with extra sauce.
- Here are some of my other BBQ recipes, the sauce recipe I used on the kids portion of ribs is included in these recipes. If you can't tolerate tomato, I included a link to my tomato free ketchup that can be used successfully to make this BBQ sauce. I also love sweet & sour and so I've linked that sauce recipe too https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/341685-vickys-no-ketchup-sticky-teriyaki-bbq-sauce-gf-df-ef-sf-nf https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/346344-vickys-sweet-sour-sauce https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332955-vickys-tomato-free-tomato-pasta-sauce-ketchup-gf-df-ef-sf-nf https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/343259-vickys-slow-cooker-bbq-pulled-pork https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/344040-vickys-bbq-chicken-drumsticks.
Combine all ingredients in a casserole dish with a lid or the crockpot / slowcooker. I bought some diced wild venison from our local Farmers market recently. Vickys Breakfast Baked Fruity Oats, GF DF EF SF NF step by step. Mix together the oats, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and half each of the strawberries, hazelnuts and chocolate chips in the casserole dish. In a jug combine the milks, oil and vanilla.