Perfect Sugar Cookies. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Add egg and vanilla; beat well to combine. If you go too thin you'll end up with crunchier cookies.
Perfect Sugar Cookie Recipe is really just that- PERFECT. The cookies keep shape while baking, are soft and chewy, plus there is NO chilling! This Sugar Cookie recipe is PERFECTION! You can have Perfect Sugar Cookies using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Perfect Sugar Cookies
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of unsalted butter (3 sticks), softened.
- Prepare 2 cups of granulated sugar.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (can use almond, peppermint or coconut extract instead).
- It’s 5 cups of all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
Duff Goldman's Perfect Sugar Cookies by Duff Goldman. Siri's Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookies by Siri Daly. Giant Funfetti Sugar Cookie Cake by Alyssa Noui. Grace Parisi is a New York City-based food.
Perfect Sugar Cookies step by step
- In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Mix in eggs and extract until well combined – but do not over beat the egg..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients..
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in batches until well combined..
- Divide dough into quarters, form into discs, and wrap each in plastic wrap. Chill for at least 2 hours..
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees..
- Remove one disc from fridge and roll out on floured surface until dough is 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick..
- Cut dough with cookie cutter and bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 6-8 minutes, watching closely. Cookies are done when bottoms are just barely golden brown..
- Let cool completely on wire rack before frosting. Make sure cookie sheets are completely cool to the touch before baking more cookies..
- Frost cookies with Royal Frosting once cookies are completely cool..
Cream together the butter and sugar with a mixer until smooth. Beat in the vanilla extract and egg. In another bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder and mix together. Perfect for holiday baking, or just for fun, this is the only sugar cookie recipe you'll ever need. Roll dough about ¼ " thick onto a lightly floured surface.