Sweet Hawaiian Bread Machine Bread. Find Deals on Sweet Hawaiian Bread in Bread & Pastries on Amazon. This is a great bread machine recipe that substitutes pineapple juice for the usual water, making it extra flavorful. Set the machine for medium crust, and press start.
Be sure to check on the dough after five or ten minutes of kneading. Pop the top of the bread machine and look at the dough. Also, this is a very high riser. You can have Sweet Hawaiian Bread Machine Bread using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Hawaiian Bread Machine Bread
- It’s 1/2 cup of pineapple juice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- You need 1/2 stick of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fine salt.
- You need 6 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs, beaten.
- It’s 4 1/2 cup of bread flour.
- It’s 2 1/2 tsp of bread machine yeast ( can use packet of rapid rise, active dry and fast acting. Just go by directions on packet.).
If you do cook it in the bread machine make sure to spray the lid as I have had it hit the top more than once. Hawaiian bread is a type of bread that's fairly sweet and some of its most unique ingredients are pineapple juice, ground ginger, and even vanilla. Nowadays, there are many different versions of Hawaiian bread, and in case you're avoiding gluten – we'll include a special gluten-free bread recipe at the end of this post. Place pineapple juice, milk, egg, butter, coconut extract, bread flour, potato flakes, sugar, salt, ginger, and yeast in a bread machine in the order listed, or according to manufacturer's instructions.
Sweet Hawaiian Bread Machine Bread instructions
- In saucepan, heat pineapple juice, milk and butter. Heat to warm, but not hot..
- If using packet yeast, add to liquid mixture and let foam for 10 minutes before adding to dry ingredients..
- In bread machine pan, add salt, sugar, eggs, flour and yeast on top. Slowly add liquid..
- Set machine to sweet bread setting and choose light, medium or dark crust setting. I like setting mine to light setting, but its personal preference..
- When bread is finished baking, remove from pan to cool. I put mine on top of bowl to let air flow under it instead of on plate. Cools faster and keeps it from getting soggy on the bottom..
- If making rolls, after first rise, punch down and pinch off what size rolls you desire. Golf ball size does well for me in a lightly greased 9×13 pan..
- Let rise for about an hour or until doubled in size. Brush with melted butter and bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown..
- Brush with more butter right out of oven if desired..
Combine all ingredients in bread machine, stand mixer, or large bowl. Mix for a few minutes and check to make sure that dough is not too dry or too wet. It should be soft and smooth but still clear the sides of the bowl. So I bought myself some organic flour and settled in with this recipe. I don't have a bread machine, so I did what others did: dissolved the (doubled because I NEEDED SWEET BREAD) sugar, salt and oil (because it seemed easier) in the water then let the yeast hang out in the mess and get frothy.