Sugar Cookies on a Stick. Choose from the world's largest selection of audiobooks. Low Prices on Gullon Sugar Free Cookies. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Spray Cookie Treat Pan cavities with vegetable oil spray.
The dough can be dyed and sprinkled with colored sugars before baking, or dipped in and decorated, or iced with buttercream or royal icing and then decorated. The sticks should come to about mid-cookie. As the cookies cool, the dough wraps around the cookie stick, holding it in place. You can have Sugar Cookies on a Stick using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sugar Cookies on a Stick
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of Butter Flavor CRISCO® all-vegetable shortening or 1 Butter Flavor CRISCO® Stick.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of light corn syrup or regular pancake syrup.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla.
- It’s 3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 36 of flat ice cream sticks.
Use a thin cookie spatula to move the cookies, being careful not to grab them by the stick. Cut desired shapes using favorite seasonal cutters; place on lightly greased baking sheets, allowing space for craft sticks. Frosted Cookies: When cookies are completely cool, frost with favorite frosting. Cut the cookies into shapes and place the cut cookie shape on a parchment lined cookie; Poke a stick into cookies.
Sugar Cookies on a Stick step by step
- Combine sugar and shortening in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, syrup and vanilla; beat until well blended and fluffy..
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed until well blended. Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour..
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place foil on countertop for cooling cookies..
- Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. Push ice cream stick into the center of each ball. Place balls 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten balls to 1/2-inch thickness with bottom of greased and floured glass. Decorate as desired; press decorations gently into dough. *Note: If you want, you can paint your cookies before baking them. Mix 1 egg yolk and 1/4 teaspoon of water. Divide into 3 small cups. Add 2 to 3 drops of food coloring to each. Stir. Use clean water color brushes to paint designs on cookies..
- Bake at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Remove the cookies to the foil to cool completely..
It's best to work with cookies that are not too soft. I like to place my fingers flat onto the cookie to stabilize it a little bit an then insert the lollipop stick. Press dough tightly around the end of the candy bar and the stick. An alternative method for adhering sugar to the cookies is to bake first and cool. Then lightly brush the cookies one at a time with a solution of one part light corn syrup to two parts water and before it dries, pour the sugar onto the cookie.