Easy indan beef stew. Nihari is a beef stew popular in northern India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. Nihari is a hearty beef stew that is great for fall/winter months. Return beef to stockpot; bring to a boil.
Easy indan beef stew Alvin Orri Gíslason Iceland. This simple nadan beef stew is a popular stew made in Kerala. It has a unique taste which comes from the cooking of beef with coconut milk. You can cook Easy indan beef stew using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy indan beef stew
- Prepare 600 g of minced beef.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions.
- It’s 2 of one garlic.
- You need 3 cm of ginger.
- It’s 2 of red chilies.
- You need 400 ml of tomato passata.
- You need 2 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 5 of cloves.
Beef is pressure cooked and then added to the mild coconut milk sauce spiced with green chilies and flavored with some whole spices. It is an excellent combination with palappam. Nihari gosht is seriously tasty beef stew Indian style. It's a classic for a reason.
Easy indan beef stew step by step
- Put the garlic, ginger and chilies to a blender and add a little water..
- Heat a deep pan. Add vegetable oil and start frying the bay leaves and cloves. When its hot add the ingredients from the blender. Fry for few mins and then add the onion. After few mins add the spices and five mins later add the minced meat. Stir for five mins or until the meat is fried..
- Add the tomato passata and lower the heat. Stir occasionally and after ten mins take it off tne stove and let it stand on table for 5-10 mins..
- Serve with rice, roti bread or fresh salad of your choice.
And it's still wildly popular in India and Pakistan. Tradition says it's a beef curry. But you can make it with lamb. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Learn what to cook with beef stew meat.