Easy Beef Stew for Two. Discover The Latest Outdoor Collection Now. Selected For You By Our Experts. Advice & Inspiration To Prepare For Your Next Adventure.
Stir in broth, bay leaf, and browned beef with any accumulated juices and bring to simmer. In a large skillet, brown meat in oil on all sides. Add the water, tomato sauce, broth, potato, onion, carrots, red pepper, soup mix, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, garlic powder, pepper and remaining thyme. You can cook Easy Beef Stew for Two using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Beef Stew for Two
- It’s 1-2 lbs of well marbled beef chuck shoulder, in 2" in chunks.
- It’s of Salt & pepper to season.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion, largely diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, rough chopped.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- You need Handful of flour.
- You need 3 cups of beef broth.
- It’s 1 of bay leave.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried time.
- You need of Couple dashes of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 4-6 of carrots, cut into 1" medallions.
- Prepare 4-6 of celery stalks,cut 1" pieces.
- You need 1 of large potato, skinned and cut into 1" pieces.
- Prepare 1 (14.5 oz) of can stewed tomatoes with juices.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
Using slotted spoon, remove beef to a bowl. Lower heat to medium-low and add carrots and onions, toss to coat with pan juices. Brown the meat in a skillet with vegetable oil until the meat is quite dark but not burned. The color on the outside will give color to the stew broth as well as add flavor from the browning process.
Easy Beef Stew for Two step by step
- Trim any large fat caps off your meat and cube meat into large bites, season liberally with salt and pepper. Set aside. The salt will encourage natural sugars to come to meats surface for better browning..
- In a large stock pot, heat a tablespoon of olive oil on med high heat until nearly smoking.
- In three batches, pat meat dry and drop into hot pan and sear each side a couple minutes to get a dark brown crust. Do not crowd all the meat into the pan or it will simply steam. Add more oil for each batch. Set browned meat aside..
- Add onion, then garlic to the pan and saute a couple minutes. Add balsamic and tomato paste and stir a minute longer. Scrape any bits from bottom of pan..
- Add meat to back to the pan and dust liberally with flour. Stir to cook flour 2 minutes..
- Add broth, bay leaf, thyme, and Worcestershire. Reduce heat to low..
- Add vegetables and can tomatoes with juices. Stir and cover..
- Cook on a low simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally until meat is fork tender. Add parsley at the finish..
- Add more broth if needed or to thicken mix one tablespoon of flour with a little broth and add to pot and continue cooking..
- Check at the end for needed salt or pepper. Remove bay leaf before serving..
Instructions Season the beef on both sides with salt and pepper. In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, heat vegetable oil. Dice the beef, mushrooms, carrots, and onion into bite-sized pieces. Add beef stew chunks, coating well. Top meat with potatoes and carrots.