Halloween Sugar Monster Cookies. Here is how you cook it. One of the things I love most about Halloween Monster Decorated Sugar Cookies is that they last a while. I've had them stay good for up to a week without getting stale or soft when kept in an airtight container.
My wife needed something for a baked goods fundraiser, and, as kids don't pine for infusions of basil or balsamic caramels, I came up with this. It's a firm but chewy sugar drop cookie in sugar sprinkles and decorated with candy eyes for monstrous effect. Monster Sugar Cookies are a little bit spooky and a whole lot adorable. You can have Halloween Sugar Monster Cookies using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Halloween Sugar Monster Cookies
- You need 1 cup of salted butter (super soft) (Group 1 Ingredient).
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar (Group 1 Ingredient).
- It’s 1 of egg (Group 2 Ingredient).
- Prepare 1 tsp of milk (Group 2 Ingredient).
- Prepare 1 dash of vanilla extract (Group 2 Ingredient).
- Prepare 3 cups of AP flour (Group 3 Ingredient).
- It’s 3/4 tsp of Baking Powder (Group 3 Ingredient).
- It’s of Several Jars of Sugar Sprinkles (Group 4 Ingredient).
- You need A Few of Pkgs of Different Size Wilton Eyes (Group 5 Ingredient).
Make these easy Halloween Cookies to add some colorful fun to your Halloween parties! Instructions Beat together eggs and sugars. Next add the salt, vanilla, butter, and peanut butter and whip until fluffy. Add the oatmeal and baking soda, then fold in the M&M's, mini-chips and candy corn.
Halloween Sugar Monster Cookies step by step
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Add Group 1 ingredients into the mixer on low speed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the Group 2 ingredients, and add to the mixer (still on low)..
- Sift the Group 3 ingredients, and then add to the mixer (still on low), and mix until homogenous..
- Roll the cookies into 1 1/2 inch diameter balls, roll each ball in a bowl of the colored sprinkles (aka Group 5), and place in a parchment-lined baking sheet..
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, to your liking, and then add various combinations of candy eyes (aka Group 5) to the cookies while the cookies are still warm. Let rest 10 minutes on a cookie rack and serve..
Dip the balls into the Halloween sprinkles, leaving the bottom free of sprinkles. Place each rolled cookie on the prepared baking sheet and press the balls down slightly with the bottom of a cup. Press candy eyes into the tops of the cookies. In a medium bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Add the peanut butter and mix until combined.