Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
Add the water to the hot pot and scrape the browned bits off the bottom of the pot as the liquid sizzles. It's very easy to make red lentil soup in instant pot: Press the saute function and saute onion, garlic and ginger until translucent. Add in spices and stir well to combine. You can have Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook
- Prepare 200 g of orange lentils.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of carrot, peeled and chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 50 g of fresh ginger, grated.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- Prepare Pinch of each of turmeric and paprika.
- Prepare 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1 litre of water or stock. (I used chicken stock, but if you use vegetable stock the recipe is vegetarian/vegan).
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Lentils Are Great For Adding Body & Texture Lentils are a great way to add body and texture to a meatless dish, like this ginger carrot lentil soup. You will love the flavour combo of carrots and ginger in this velvety soup. The warmth of ginger, along with a pinch of cumin, are a perfect complement to the carrot's sweetness. Rinse the red lentils in a sieve, then add to the pan followed by the stock.
Lentil and ginger soup #mycookbook instructions
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan, then gently fry the onion until starting to soften..
- Add the carrot, garlic, ginger and spices, fry for a few minutes more..
- Add the lentils, stock/water and tomatoes. Simmer gently until the lentils are soft (approx 15 – 20 minutes.).
- Cook until the lentils are starting to get a little soft. The soup is ready and can be served just as it is.
- Or can be blended with a stick blender and be served as a smoother soup..
Add the spinach/kale (removing any large stalks), cook for a further minute, then taste and season well with salt and black pepper as required. Pour the coconut milk into the pan and tip in the lentils. Bring the soup to the boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and pop on a lid. Heat up a soup pot with cooking oil. Add in your sliced green onion bulbs, chopped ginger and garlic.