Simple Beef Stew. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. This classic beef stew recipe makes sure you really make the most of each step of the cooking process to end up with a beautiful, rich, and hearty beef stew! Mom's Hearty Beef Stew with Dumplings.
In a soup pot heat the olive oil over medium high heat until the oil blooms. Reserving the extra flour in the bowl, add the meat to the soup pot and cook until the meat is browned on all sides. Add carrot, onion, and potatoes to pot sprinkling the remaining flour over the veggies to coat. You can cook Simple Beef Stew using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Beef Stew
- It’s 500 g of stew beef (cubed).
- It’s 250 g of soup beef.
- You need 1 handful of baby carrots (cut).
- It’s 1 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion (minced).
- You need 1 tbs of Cornflour (mix with 2 tbs water).
- Prepare 3 tbs of blackpepper corn (crushed).
- Prepare Splash of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of dried parsley.
- It’s 1 of potato (cubed).
In an oven-safe Dutch oven, brown beef in batches in oil; drain. Return all meat to the pan. Add onions, tomatoes, broth, tapioca, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Beef stew is the ultimate comfort food.
Simple Beef Stew instructions
- Boil soup beef to make broth. Take out the beef and keep the beef stock..
- Add butter and olive oil into another pot and caramelize the stew beef, discard and then caramelize the onion in the same pot. Add in garlic..
- Add potatoes, carrots and the cooked stew beef. Salt and pepper it. Use both black and white pepper..
- Add in the beef stock, add Worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt and pepper as needed..
- Thickens the stew with cornstarch..
- Remove stew from pot and keep in a slow cooker so that you can enjoy it warm anytime..
With switched-up ingredients and creative twists, these variations elevate the classic from familiar to fabulous. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and toss to coat. Tender beef is simmered in beef broth with potatoes, onions, celery, peas, and carrots until melt in your mouth tender. Beef stew is a classic dinner staple in so many households around the world. A cozy, classic beef stew with tender beef, carrots, mushrooms + potatoes.