Simple sugar cookies. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Butter, sugar and Gold Medal™ flour are all you need for this quick and easy sugar cookie recipe. It's a make-ahead and make-it-your-own recipe. After you mix up the dough, shape it into a log and chill before cutting the cookie dough into slices for baking. You can cook Simple sugar cookies using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple sugar cookies
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 125 g of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbspn of vanillah essense.
- You need 1 cup of sugar(powdered).
- Prepare 1/8 of tspn lemon zest(optional).
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Red food colouring.
- Prepare of Small star cutter.
Decorate the cookies by rolling them in holiday sprinkles before chilling, or drizzle an easy powdered sugar icing over. Beat in the egg, then the vanilla and salt. This Recipe is a State Fair Blue Ribbon winner. This is an easy sugar cookie recipe, you don't have to roll it out, and the cookies are soft and chewy, unlike other sugar cookies.
Simple sugar cookies instructions
- Here are all u need.
- In a big bowl,cream ur butter with sugar till well combined and soft,add in egg,vanillah essense,lemon zest and mix well.
- Gradually add in your sifted flour,nd mix,using spatula or wooden spoon,u can use hand mixer😁i was too lazy to climb up and got mine from the shelf so i use blender😂😂😂😂to mix it well.
- And here it is,cut abt 1/4 part of the dough,nd add colour to it,mix it very well.
- U stretch it as shown here,and they are ready,roll it flat not too thin.
- Cut star shape on the red cookie dough,nd cut circles on the other,use thesame star shape and cut again on the white cookie dough also.
- Gently lift the cutted stars and keep aside then,and gently lift them again and place them inside the white cookies dough,repeat till all are finished,u can use the red cookie dough also as shown here, i did two of them,arrange on a baking tray and bake at pre-heated oven of 250F for 15min(please note oven temp varies so always watch them closely as u bake to avoid burnt cookies😍).
- And here they are,they taste too sweet and are good combo of coffee or tea during iftar😍😍.
- Please note whatever measurement i give,is the actual one i used,if u try and found out some fault kindly knw the fault could be from your measurement,i always, always use measuring cups,so if u dnt have one buy pls..
Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture.