Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew. In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery. Mix vegetables, water and Beef Stew Seasoning Mix in slow cooker.
Add beef to slow cooker; sprinkle with any remaining seasoning. Layer frozen corn and green beans on top. Place flour in a large shallow dish. You can cook Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- You need 2 lb of Chuck Stew Meat.
- It’s 1 of medium onion diced.
- Prepare 4-6 of medium potatos peeled + cubed (You can use any potatoes).
- It’s 2-3 cups of carrots (I cut up baby carrots).
- Prepare 4 stalks of Celery chopped.
- You need 1 can of corn drained.
- It’s 1 can of cut green beans drained.
- You need 1 1/2 packets of McCormick Beef Stew.
- It’s 1-2 Boxes of Beef Broth (I use Collage Inn).
- Prepare of Flour.
- You need of Oil.
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
Add stew meat; turn to coat evenly. How to Make Beef Stew in the Slow Cooker Coat the chunks of beef in flour, salt and pepper. You can do this by shaking the beef, flour, salt and pepper together in a large zip-top bag, or by stirring them together in a large bowl. This Slow Cooker Beef stew is a delicious, old fashioned beef stew recipe simmered in the slow cooker with tender meat, carrots, potatoes and celery.
Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew instructions
- After you have trimmed and cut your meat. Mix flour with a Sprinkle of McCormick, Salt & Pepper in a ziploc bag or a covered container. Put your meat in and Shake it up! Make sure each one is covered. You can also season your meat before the flour or while in the pan..
- Heat a oil in a deep pan. Tap off any excess flour. Then put floured meat in the pan to get a sear..
- Brown all sides then remove with a slotted spoon or tongs and put into pot. Then brown your onions in the same pan..
- Put your onions into pot. All this yummy goodness is what left. :).
- In a large measuring cup, Mix 3 cups Water & McCormick Beef Stew Packet. Put the mixture in the pan as it heats use a wisk and/or spoon to mix the beef glaze from the bottom of the pan into the liquid. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes..
- As all that Yummy Goodness simmers, put your potatos & veggies into the pot..
- Pour the liquid from the pan over meat & veggies. Fill the rest with beef broth & water. Cook high 6hrs or low 8hrs. The gravy might not be thick enough in the beginning but the starch from potatos & the flour from the meat will thicken things up but if it needs to be thicker towards the end add some roux. Add a little at a time. It will thicken as the roux cooks & be careful not to change the flavors..
It's easy to make and so perfectly comforting and cozy for chilly days! Spray inside of your slow cooker with non stick spray or use a liner. In a bowl whisk together your flour and beef stock. Put meat into crockpot and pour beef stock mixture on top. Add carrots, potatoes, and celery on top of that.