Simple Sugar Cookies. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Put mixer on low speed, gradually add flour, and beat until mixture. Beat in the egg, then the vanilla and salt. Butter, sugar and Gold Medal™ flour are all you need for this quick and easy sugar cookie recipe. You can have Simple Sugar Cookies using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Sugar Cookies
- You need 1/2 cup of margarine or butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of shortening.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence or grated lemon/orange zest.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need of I cup sugar (plus additional 2 tablespoons for sprinkling).
It's a make-ahead and make-it-your-own recipe. After you mix up the dough, shape it into a log and chill before cutting the cookie dough into slices for baking. Decorate the cookies by rolling them in holiday sprinkles before chilling, or drizzle an easy powdered sugar icing over. Mix the flour, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl; set the mixture aside.
Simple Sugar Cookies instructions
- Cream the sugar, shortening and margarine/butter until fluffy..
- Add the vanilla or zest(whichever you are using).
- Add egg, beaten separately..
- Sift flour,baking soda and baking powder together and add to the mixture..
- Mix until you have a soft dough, now make small coin sized disks.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 25mins..
- Sprinkle with sugar while still hot. Let cool and enjoy..
Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. This Recipe is a State Fair Blue Ribbon winner. This is an easy sugar cookie recipe, you don't have to roll it out, and the cookies are soft and chewy, unlike other sugar cookies. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl; set aside.