Fry Bread batch 9. Fry Bread as been a staple all my life. It is a true comfort food!! Drain on paper towels or napkins before serving.
Dust fry bread with powdered sugar and add a drizzle of honey or syrup. Serve the bread as a taco salad base or with taco toppings (popularly called Navajo tacos). Be sure to make the circles of dough very thin for this use. You can have Fry Bread batch 9 using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fry Bread batch 9
- Prepare of all purpose flour.
- You need of self-rising buttermilk cornbread mix.
- Prepare of lactose free milk 1%.
- You need of large eggs.
- You need of sugar.
- It’s of kosher salt.
- Prepare of nonstick spray.
Cut hot fry bread into wedges and serve with salsa or a dipping. Homemade fry bread is a flat dough bread made with simple ingredients and fried in oil for a crispy exterior that's doughy and soft in the middle. Fry bread can be used in lots of different ways. Dress it up with beef, lettuce, and tomato for Navajo tacos or top it with honey butter and jam for a sweeter treat.
Fry Bread batch 9 step by step
- Mix all the ingredients together it will be stiff..
- Spray the skillet with nonstick spray. Heat and add a desert spoonful sized dollop..
- Turn as needed cook till done about 3-4 minutes each..
- Serve with what you are eating or by itself. I hope you enjoy!!! I served mine with multityped of pasta corkscrew and rigatoni, smoked sausage, and Spaghetti sauced, goulash. With grated parmesan cheese..
Fry bread goes by many names around these parts, including Indian Fry Bread, Navajo Fry Bread, Navajo Tacos, and Scones. Yes, we realize that the word "scone" means something completely different everywhere else in the world, but around here, scones are fry bread. There's even a whole chain restaurant devoted to it called Sconecutter. Because most Navajo would not have access to milk and most frying is done in an open pit or on a wood stove, the recipe is a very simple flat bread that is fried. It is the topping that makes the meal.