Blueberry Muffins. Find Scrumptious Muffin Recipes Explore Our Selection of Recipes Cream the butter and sugar together then slowly add the eggs, mix for three minutes. Add the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, stir to combine, then refrigerate for at least an hour, preferably. Beat the butter and caster sugar together until pale and fluffy.
Grease and flour a muffin tin or line with paper cases. Sieve flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. You can have Blueberry Muffins using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blueberry Muffins
- You need 1/2 cup of margarine.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of almond essence.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need 1 cup of blueberries.
- It’s of Muffin paper liners.
Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until pale and fluffy. Slowly add the beaten eggs, whisking constantly, until fully incorporated. Sift in the flour and baking powder, mix well, then carefully fold in the blueberries. Measure all the ingredients except the blueberries into a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
Blueberry Muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Take eggs and milk out of the fridge. Cream the margarine till soft and fluffy. Add sugar and cream some more. Add eggs one at a time and mix. Add vanilla and almond essence and mix..
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour and baking powder. Gradually add flour and milk to creamed mix, alternating between the two. The dough is pretty thick, you have to alternate..
- Prepare the muffin tray, line with paper liners (I did not have, I used silicone which worked fine). For normal berries fold in berries careful not to squish them. Frozen, move, Quickly fold in frozen berries and scoop into prepared cups. And into the oven..
- Bake for 40 minutes Cool down and serve..
Take care not to overwork the mixture. Blueberry muffins (Mary Berry's) These Mary Berry blueberry muffins are one of our favourite bakes. They are easy to make, light and fluffy and with the addition of blueberries, they're not too sweet. Melt the butter in a small pan over a low heat then set aside to cool for a few minutes. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.