You can have Maki-zushi using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Maki-zushi
- It’s of Sushi Rice *Find my 'Sushi Rice' recipe at https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/1467168-sushi-rice.
- Prepare of Nori.
- Prepare of <Filling Suggestions>.
- You need of Cucumber & Wasabi.
- You need of Carrot (cooked in salted water).
- You need of Avocado.
- Prepare of Canned Tuna and Mayonnaise.
- You need of Omelette.
- You need of Boiled Prawns.
- You need of Takuan (Japanese pickled daikon radish).
- You need of Unagi Kabayaki (Grilled Eel sweet soy flavoured).
- Prepare of Ham.
- You need of Radish Sprouts.
- It’s of Smoked Salmon.
- Prepare of Fresh Sashimi.
- It’s of Chicken Teriyaki.
- How To Roll:.
- Place a sheet of Nori on Makisu (bamboo mat). You can try with Plastic Food Wrap or Foil if you don’t have Makisu..
- Spread out cooled Sushi Rice on the Nori sheet. You need to leave some empty space at the end..
- Place some filling on the rice, then start to roll. Lift the nearest end of Makisu and fold over rice and filling, matching the end of the spread rice to the other end, then press. Pull the Makisu end up and roll it, pressing it a couple of times..
- Once the Maki-zushi has been rolled, it is cut into bite sized pieces with a sharp knife. The knife becomes very sticky, so you need to wipe it frequently with a wet cloth or paper towel..
- Tip: I have found that Electric Knife is a great tool to cut Sushi Rolls..
- It is much easier to make thin Maki-zushi rolls than thick ones. To do this, you may have to cut your Nori sheets in half, and use one filling for each roll..