Beef Stew. In this recipe, beef stew meat is braised in a rich, mildly spicy red chile sauce until fork tender and served over mashed sweet potatoes. Beef stew is the ultimate comfort food. With switched-up ingredients and creative twists, these variations elevate the classic from familiar to fabulous.
Add onions, tomatoes, broth, tapioca, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Heat a large Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Season the beef generously with salt and pepper, and add to the pan. You can have Beef Stew using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Stew
- It’s of (2.5 Lbs) Chuck Roast.
- It’s of (2) Cups of beef broth.
- Prepare of (6) Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s of (3) Tbsp of Butter.
- It’s of (3/4) Cup of Flour.
- It’s to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s of (2) Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar.
- Prepare of (1) Onion, diced.
- You need of (1) Large can diced tomatoes.
- It’s of (5) Potatoes, diced. Skin on.
- You need of (5) Carrots, skinned and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- You need of (4) Cups of water. (Approximately).
Add the beef, beef broth and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a slow simmer. Add beef back to dutch oven then add broth, wine, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
Beef Stew step by step
- Dice Chuck Roast into 1inch pieces..
- Put flour, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Add diced Chuck Roast. Mix/coat well..
- In a cast iron pan, heat Olive Oil, butter. Fry the flour coated Chuck Roast until dark brown, in batches as not to over fill pan. Add in Balsamic Vinegar to first batch..
- In a large pot, add the beef broth and diced tomatoes..
- Dice potatoes, carrots and Onion..
- Add all of the fried Chuck to pot. Add the remaining juices from cast iron pan to pot. Add the water..
- Add all the vegetables to pot. At this point make sure there is enough water in pot to cover everything well..
- Cover and simmer on very Low for 4-5 hour's. Checking every few hours on the liquid. Add some water when or if you need to..
- Enjoy with some cornbread or bread and butter..
In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and toss to coat. A cozy, classic beef stew with tender beef, carrots, mushrooms + potatoes. Everyone will love this, especially on those chilly nights!