Hearty and Badass Beef Stew. Great recipe for Hearty and Badass Beef Stew. I could make something up, but I won't. Regardless, the base is the same, and every iteration is BadAss.
This Hearty Beef Stew will warm you to the bones. Tender cubes of beef, carrots and potatoes in a rich delicious sauce. Tender beef and soft vegetables in a delicious rich sauce. You can cook Hearty and Badass Beef Stew using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hearty and Badass Beef Stew
- It’s 6 cups of water.
- It’s 1 cup of dry white wine.
- You need of beef bullion as per direction on package for 7 cups.
- You need 1 lb of package peeled baby carrots.
- You need 1.5 lb of beef chuck stew meat. 3/4-1 inch pieces.
- Prepare of medium onion.
- Prepare 3-4 cloves of garlic. depends on size and personal preference.
- You need 1 can of small peas.
- You need 2 (6 oz) of cans sliced mushroms.
- You need 1 can of fire roasted stewed tomatoes.
- Prepare 4-5 stalks of celery.
- It’s 3 of medium potatoes. I use white or red.
- It’s 8 oz of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s of fine white flour. I use wondra.
- It’s to taste of basil and pepper.
The teriyaki sauce adds a nice zest to the flavor of the stew. Place beef stew meat into a slow cooker. Combine onions in pot with tomato paste, beef broth, wine and all seasonings except flour. Brown beef in pan, add to mixture.
Hearty and Badass Beef Stew step by step
- Ok. So bring water and wine to boil..
- While that's happening, chop the potatoes and celery into 3/4 to 1 inch pieces. Mince the garlic. Dice the onions..
- When it boiling, add the bullion as per package direction. Then dump everything but the sour cream, cream, spices, and flour..
- Return to boil, then put on low for 4 hours..
- So now we're 4 hours later. Add basil and pepper to taste. I like about 1/4 tsp pepper and 1 tb basil. Sometimes I use white pepper for the heat..
- Remove from heat, and let sit for a bit. Like 10 minutes. Then add the sour cream and heavy cream..
- Now sprinkle the fine white flour on the surface. Careful. Just a fine layer at a time, otherwise you'll get dough balls. Mix it in. Keep doing that until the desired thickness is reached..
- Enjoy with some sort of dipping bread!.
Before you jump to Hearty and Badass Beef Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Selecting The Best Foods Will Help You Stay Fit As Well As Healthy. On the subject of the foods that you eat, you will notice that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. Heat oil in an oven-safe Dutch oven over medium-high heat. How to make hearty beef stew In a medium bowl toss the stew beef with the flour and set aside. Add half of the vegetable oil and add half of the meat, sprinkle half of the salt and pepper.