The Best Crock Pot Beef Stew. Slow-Cooker Beef Stew When there's a chill in the air, nothing beats this Crock-Pot beef stew. Seasoned with thyme and dry mustard, the hearty slow-cooked stew is chock-full of tender carrots, potatoes and beef. —Earnestine Wilson, Waco, Texas Best Ever Slow Cooker Beef Stew is the absolute perfect comforting beef stew. A thick and rich sauce filled with hearty and chunky potatoes, carrots, onions, and peas with the most amazing tender melt in your mouth beef!
Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery. When the cook time is up, stir the beef stew and then make the roux to thicken the sauce. At the end of the initial cooking time prepare a roux to thicken the sauce. You can have The Best Crock Pot Beef Stew using 17 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of The Best Crock Pot Beef Stew
- Prepare 2 lb of Beef stew meat (cut into bite-sized pieces).
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of peppper.
- You need 1 medium of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of celery ribs, sliced.
- You need 2 1/2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 6 oz of can tomato paste.
- It’s 32 oz of beef broth.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 cup of baby carrots.
- It’s 5 small of Red potatoes, cut into bite size pieces (about 3 cups).
- You need 1 tbsp of dried parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen peas.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen corn.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
In a bowl, mix together the stew meat with flour, salt and pepper (if using.) Once the oil is super hot, add in half of the beef and brown it on both sides. Pour in the beef stock, diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce & balsamic vinegar. This Slow Cooker Beef Stew is a delicious, old fashioned beef stew recipe simmered in the slow cooker with tender meat, carrots, potatoes and celery. It's easy to make and so perfectly comforting and cozy for chilly days!
The Best Crock Pot Beef Stew instructions
- Combine beef, celery, carrots, red onion, potatoes, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, and tomato paste in the crock pot. I used a 6 qt crockpot for this stew. Cook on LOW for 10 hours or on HIGH for 6-7 hours..
- About 30 minutes before serving, mix the flour and the water together in a small dish and pour into the crockpot. Mix until well combined. This will add a nice thickness to the stew. Next add in your frozen peas and corn. Continue cooking covered for 30 minutes..
Ultimate Slow Cooker Beef Stew made with chuck roast, Yukon potatoes and carrots for a rich beef stew that is perfect for the cold weather. Like our Classic Beef Stew this slow cooker version is an easy, comfort food Soup Recipe you can make any day of the week. Stir in beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire, thyme, rosemary, paprika, caraway seeds and bay leaves until well combined; season with salt and pepper, to taste. To get the best result with your beef in the slow cooker, follow these tips for success: Brown the beef first. If you're not using a slow cooker, do this in the pot you'll be cooking in (a cast-iron flameproof casserole dish with a tight-fitting lid is best) to ensure you retain all the juices and achieve maximum flavour.