Fry Bread. Fry bread is a round, fried dough native to the Navajo people. Fry bread is a Native American quick bread that can be served sweet or savory. Try it drizzled with honey and served alongside stew or braised beef.
Drain on paper towels or napkins before serving. Lightly flour surface and pat and roll out baseball size pieces of dough. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. You can have Fry Bread using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fry Bread
- You need of warm water.
- Prepare of yeast.
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of flour.
- You need of vegtable oil.
- It’s of vegtable oil.
Drain on paper towels; if desired, serve warm with butter, honey and fresh lemon juice. Fry Bread Is the Quintessential Osage Dish You'll Want to Make All the Time Addie Hudgins, a traditional Osage cook, shares her recipe here. Fry bread is a Native American bread that stretches back generations, particularly in the Navajo Nation with whom it originated. It's enjoyed all over the U.
Fry Bread instructions
- Add warm water, yeast, and sugar in bowl..
- Mix then let stand for 5 min.
- Add flour..
- Mix until a big ball.
- Take the 1/4 cup of oil and drizzle over dough. only enough to LIGHTLY COAT THE BALL..
- After letting rise, grab handful out and stretch into desired flat size..
- Cover with towl and let rise for 60 min.
- When your 60 min are almost up. Put your 4 cups of oil in a deep pan and heat slowly..
- Wheb ready grab a handful and stretch into desired flat size and fry..
- When done you can top it with mulitipul things if desired. Butter, honey, powderd sugar, sugar, jam, or any other desired item..
S. and is easily found throughout the Southwest. There's no need to go looking for it because it's surprisingly quick and easy to make at home. Fry until edges of the bread are golden and turn to cook the other side. Originally, it is a Native American Navajo tradition, invented at a time when the Natives were in captivity and attempts were made to starve them out. Frybread (also spelled fry bread) is a flat dough bread, fried or deep-fried in oil, shortening, or lard.