Low-Carb Beef Stew. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Add beef, onion, mushrooms, rosemary, salt and pepper.
Cove and let it simmer until the beef is tender. Heat a large saucepan to medium-high heat and coconut oil. Add short rib and brown on all side. You can have Low-Carb Beef Stew using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Low-Carb Beef Stew
- You need 10 sticks of celery.
- Prepare 30 of baby carrots or equivalent.
- You need 3 bunches of radishes.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1.6 lbs of stew meat (1 case).
- It’s 30 oz of beef broth (3 Campbells cans).
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare of Frozen corn – optional.
- You need of Frozen green beans – optional.
- Prepare of Frozen peas – optional.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour??? (New addition to try).
Remove from saucepan and set aside. Chop onions, carrots and radishes into bite sized pieces and mince garlic. Add onions, garlic and butter and cook down for a couple minutes, scraping the bottom with the spatula/spoon. Add ½ cup beef broth and vinegar to the dutch oven and scrape up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan over medium-high heat.
Low-Carb Beef Stew instructions
- If possible marinate meat with salt and Worcestershire sauce (additional to recipe requirements). – optional.
- Coat meat in flour to thicken sauce. (New addition to try).
- Clean and chop all vegetables and put in slow cooker bowl. Slice celery, half baby carrots and quarter radishes. Add small cuts of beef..
- Stir all ingredients in slow cooker (making sure that all ingredients are mixed and vegetables/meat are below the broth) and cook on high for 8 hours (or low for 10 hours)..
- 30 minutes before eating stir in frozen corn and green beans (and peas). -optional.
Add the beef back to the skillet along with the beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cover. The ideal low carb stew should feature fork tender beef and tender (not mushy) vegetables in a meaty tasting broth. Low Carb Vegetables for Keto Beef Stew The best low carb vegetables for beef stew are: celery, mushrooms, green beans, celery root, turnips, rutabaga, and radishes. Some people like to add zucchini and summer squash.