Simple peas mukimo with beef stew and black tea. Mukimo Recipe: DIY Procedure You may also want to learn how to cook stew peas and rice. This recipe is as simple to make just like a mukimo stew. Mukimo is one of the staple dishes of the Kikuyu community in Kenya.
Some people use spinach as a substitute for the pumpkin leaves or beans to substitute for the green peas. Mukimo Recipe: Mukimo is a meal whose origin is Central Kenya (Agikuyu community) but it's being served in hotels across the country keeping in mind of the diversity of Kenyan people. So if you have been wondering on how to prepare these meal at home,here is a simple recipe to guide you through. You can have Simple peas mukimo with beef stew and black tea using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple peas mukimo with beef stew and black tea
- Prepare 1/2 kg of beef meat.
- You need 3 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of onions.
- It’s of C/oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of paprika, salt to taste.
- Prepare of For mukimo;.
- Prepare 1 of maize cob(boiled).
- You need 100 g of peas(boiled).
- You need 60 g of potatoes(peeled, washed, cut into 2pieces).
Place all the vegetables (Brocolli, Cowpeas, Onions, Snow peas and carrots) in a sufuria, add a little amount of oil and salt to taste. cover for a minute and allow them to steam. Then add the mukimo and mix well until it is well coated with the butter; Season with some black pepper which is optional. Serve and enjoy with some beef stew or kenyan Inspired chicken stew, see recipe. *If you add salt at this stage, be careful with the amout, as your mukimo will already have salt from the first step. Kenya Mukimo Recipe is a traditional Kikuyu dish.
Simple peas mukimo with beef stew and black tea step by step
- Fry one onion with little oil, add in you potatoes, little salt and little water let the potatoes cook well, when water is about to end now add in your boiled maize and peas then mash together…. To serve with beef stew….
- Wash your meat cut into your desired sizes, boil for about 20mins on high heat…..when all the water has evaporated, add in oil let the meat fry till golden brown…..add your other onion, tomatoes, salt and paprika let them cook well….you can add little water for soup if you like……now serve with your ready mukimo……enjoy!!.
It is served at all major ceremonies especially weddings, funerals and fund raisings. A celebration is incomplete without this delicacy. WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE KENYA MUKIMO RECIPE ·Fresh green maize (shelled). ·Kahurura(the tender young leaves of a pumpkin). Boil and drain salt beef twice, in a medium size pan. Add coconut cream, spinners, and seasoning, cook for about an hour.