Italian white sauce pasta. The best place for your Italian favourites. Shipped at fixed rates around the world! Find and order your favourite Italian food!
Increase heat to medium and whisk water into roux until smooth. In Italian cuisine, three ingredients are must used, i.e, cold milk, nutmeg powder, and white pepper as I told first. This delicious creamy white sauce is used for making white sauce pasta in Italy and France and it's called béchamel sauce in french. You can cook Italian white sauce pasta using 10 ingredients and 25 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian white sauce pasta
- You need of How to boil pasta.
- It’s 1 cup of penne pasta 1/2 tsp olive oil(any oil) 1/2 tsp salt.
- You need 3 cups of water.
- It’s of For making creamy white sauce recipe.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter 1 1/2 tbsp maida or all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of milk 1/8 tsp nutmeg powder 1/2 tsp crushed white.
- Prepare of peper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt(as per taste.
- It’s of For making the Seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic(finely chopped) 1/2 tsp parsley(finely chopped if.
Pasta is itself not healthy as it's prepared from all purpose flour which is high in carbs. Add flour and stir until the butter and flour are well combined. Pour in cream & remaining ingredients, stirring constantly as it thickens. Add oregano, Italian seasoning, red chili flakes (if using) and mix.
Italian white sauce pasta instructions
- First, place a pan on the low heat, add butter to it..
- Then add 1 tsp finely chopped garlic to it and stir it until it gets light golden brown colour..
- Next add parsley (finely chopped if fresh), oregano and basil to it..
- Then fry it until the garlic gets a nice golden brown colour and gets crisp along with the herbs. As shown in the pic..
- Lastly, remove it from the pan and keep it aside. Even you can crush the seasoning before adding to the pasta.
- First, take a pan with 3 cups of water and place it on high flame..
- Then add salt and oil to the water and bring it to boil..
- Once the water starts boiling, add 1 cup penne pasta to it.
- Stir it occasionally till 5 minutes, after 5 mins, check the pasta are perfectly boiled or not. Then remove one pasta from the pan and cut it with a spoon or fork.
- For me, it takes about 10 mins to cook. Boil it until you can easily cut the pasta.
- Then immediately remove it from the heat and strain the water from it..
- Take a pan, place it on low flame, add 2 tbsp butter to it, let the butter melts.
- When butter completely melts down, add 1 1/2 tbsp maida or all purpose flour to it..
- Then stir it continuously that no single lump can’t be formed. Stir it until the butter-flour mix gets a light golden brown colour.
- Now add 1/2 cup of cold milk(cold milk prevents it from making lump) to it. Stir it continuously to make the sauce lump free. Even you can use a whisker to stir it in a better way..
- The milk should be nicely mixed with the butter-flour mix without making a single lump. Then gradually add the rest of the milk into two batches. Addition of milk in 2-3 batches will help to make a smooth, creamy, lump-free white sauce.
- Then add salt, nutmeg powder, and crushed white pepper to it. Mix it nicely.
- The garlic white sauce will be a little thick as shown in the pic. Then your creamy sauce is ready for the pasta. We need little thick sauce. As it will get thicker when pasta will be added and cooked in it for some time.
- Once the white sauce is ready, add the pasta and mix it nicely with it..
- Now add the seasoning from the top and mix it nicely with the pasta.
- Then add the sliced black olives and lastly add 1/2 tsp of chilli flakes(optional) to it, mix it nicely..
- Now, cook it for 2-3 mins on low flame and switch off the flame..
- Then immediately add the grated parmesan cheese(optional)it. Stir it once to mix it..
- Now, your italian style garlic white sauce pasta is ready to serve.
- Serve it hot.
Also add salt and black pepper to the sauce. Let the sauce simmer on medium heat another minute or so and then add the cheese (if using) and mix until it melts. Now turn the heat to the lowest. White sauce or béchamel sauce is a simple sauce created with flour, butter and milk as its primary ingredients. While the sauce originated in France and is the foundation of French cuisine, it has also been extensively used in Italian recipes for generations.