Simple beef stew. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. This classic beef stew recipe makes sure you really make the most of each step of the cooking process to end up with a beautiful, rich, and hearty beef stew! Mom's Hearty Beef Stew with Dumplings.
In a soup pot heat the olive oil over medium high heat until the oil blooms. Reserving the extra flour in the bowl, add the meat to the soup pot and cook until the meat is browned on all sides. Add carrot, onion, and potatoes to pot sprinkling the remaining flour over the veggies to coat. You can have Simple beef stew using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple beef stew
- Prepare 1 kg of beef.
- Prepare 2 of big tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of Large onion.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Roiko mchuzi mix.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare of Salt.
In an oven-safe Dutch oven, brown beef in batches in oil; drain. Return all meat to the pan. Add onions, tomatoes, broth, tapioca, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Beef stew is the ultimate comfort food.
Simple beef stew instructions
- Boil the meat till tender and drain excess water if any.(i did mine in pressure cooker for 20 minutes).
- Let the meat continue cooking on low heat as you add chopped onions. No need to add oil as the meat contains own oil..
- Add chopped tomatoes and cover while on low heat. Let simmer for about 5minutes or till the tomatoes are done.
- Add half cup of water and put maximum heat as you stir. When it bubbles, add roiko in ½ cup of water and mix then add to the beef. (i added 4 drops of dark soy sauce its optional) Let it cook for 3 minutes then switch off and enjoy!.
With switched-up ingredients and creative twists, these variations elevate the classic from familiar to fabulous. Tender beef is simmered in beef broth with potatoes, onions, celery, peas, and carrots until melt in your mouth tender. Beef stew is a classic dinner staple in so many households around the world. A cozy, classic beef stew with tender beef, carrots, mushrooms + potatoes. Everyone will love this, especially on those chilly nights!