Simple Beef Stew with Potatoes. Heat sunflower oil in a deep saucepan over medium heat. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Cut the potatoes into quarters and cover with water in a large pot.
Return beef cubes to Dutch oven and add water, tomato soup, potatoes, corn, onion, beef stock concentrate, mushrooms, carrots, celery, vegetable soup mix, and basil; bring to a boil. Stir with a wooden spoon to loosen any brown bits from the bottom of the pan and bring to a boil. Remove the pot from the oven and add the carrots and potatoes. You can cook Simple Beef Stew with Potatoes using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Beef Stew with Potatoes
- It’s 1/4 Kg of T-bone Beef (Cubed).
- You need 2-3 of Medium sized Potatoes (Cubed).
- It’s 2 of Large Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Garlic/Ginger paste.
- You need 1 of Large Onion.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of Curry powder/Royco / Tumeric (Optional).
- You need to taste of Salt.
Add beef and any accumulated juices to onion mixture. Add beef and any accumulated juices to onion mixture. Quickly whisk together the flour and all broth; add to the pot with sugar. Add back the browned beef and bring to boil.
Simple Beef Stew with Potatoes instructions
- Boil your meat and set aside, alternatively if its soft you can opt to directly fry..
- In a sufuria, pour in some oil heat it up, add in your onions (chopped/sliced) fry till softens, add in your ginger garlic paste fry for a few mins.
- Add in your cubed potatoes and fry 2-3mins then add in your meat without the broth and fry on low-medium flame..
- Add in your chopped potatoes mix well and cook till softens then season with salt and spice, give it a good mix and your are good to go..
Stir in wine, scraping up any browned bits. Add beef broth, bay leaves and thyme; heat mixture to a simmer. Add browned meat and any juices; heat to a simmer. Add carrots and potatoes, return to oven. Make sure to skim the fat from the broth while cooking.