Pizza dough bagels. These bagels won't have the classic exterior crunch of a good New York City bagel. That's just pretty hard to get with pizza dough, which tends to have a softer crumb and isn't enriched with malt syrup like classic bagel dough. But if you are comparing them to store-bought bagels, they hold up nicely I think.
Brush the pretzels with the egg wash and sprinkle with salt if preferred. When they're done, cut them in half, and put them cut side up on your cookie sheet. Use a pastry brush to brush oil on the cut side of the bagel. You can cook Pizza dough bagels using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pizza dough bagels
- It’s of Ready to use pizza dough.
- You need of Onion seeds.
- You need of Sesame seeds.
- You need of Garlic powder.
- Prepare of Pumpkin seeds (optional).
- Prepare of Salt.
Top the oil with marinara sauce. These skinny pizza dough bagels will quickly become your favorite! It was a strange weekend in my house without having Hannah and Jacob home. Even though it's just the three of us in the house, I am hardly every alone in the house.
Pizza dough bagels step by step
- Roll out pizza dough into bagel shape rounds and let the dough sit till they rise a little. In a pot of hot water, add the bagels one at a time for 4 mins (2mins on each side)..
- Take out of water and let them drain for a while. Then brush with water and sprinkle with the all of the above ingredients..as much or as little as you like. I even added few pumpkin seeds..
- Bake them till they are golden brown. Serve warm with butter or uset it as a sandwich base..
I thought for sure I'd have music blaring while in the kitchen, but it was the complete opposite. Roll each piece either into a pretzel or bagel wshape. Place the pretzels on a baking sheet and brush them with the egg wash and sprinkle with salt, poppy seeds or sesame seeds if you want. If you're not concerned about the yolk for health reasons, I prefer to use a whole beaten egg for the egg wash (her recipe calls for a beaten egg white). Pizza bagels make for quick & easy leftovers!