Bleu Cheese Fillet Mignon. DIRECTIONS Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Season steaks with salt and pepper.
Remove the garlic and rosemary, spoon some of the butter and oil over the steaks and crumble blue cheese on top. Purée the blue cheese, bread, butter, fresh herbs and pepper in a food processor until smooth. Pack the blue cheese crust mixture onto the tops of the fillets, evenly covering each one with a thick layer of flavour. You can have Bleu Cheese Fillet Mignon using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bleu Cheese Fillet Mignon
- You need 4 of Fillet Mignons.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Worcestersire.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of Bleu Cheese Crumbles.
- It’s 1 bunch of Arugala.
- It’s 2 cup of chopped mushrooms.
This Pan Seared Filet Mignon is incredibly tender, juicy, and super tasty. Smothered in flavorful Blue Cheese Butter for a melt in your mouth easy and affordable restaurant quality meal at home. This post is sponsored by Salemville, as always all opinions are my own. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Bleu Cheese Fillet Mignon instructions
- In a bowl, 1 cup of bleu cheese, 2 tbsp evoo, 1 tbsp butter, salt & pepper, stir for 5 minutes and set aside for later..
- Take your fillets, rub both sides of each fillet with evoo, then sprinkle salt & pepper on each side..
- Take a large pan and put about 2 tbsp of evoo, turn heat to high. After pan starts to smoke a bit, place your fillets in pan and sear for about 4-5 minutes on both sides. After both side are seared, place top on the pan and bring heat to medium and let them cook for 12 minutes..
- In a medium pan at medium heat, place 2 tbsp of butter or margarine, 2 cups of chopped mushrooms, salt & pepper and stir every few minutes for 15 minutes. Then after 15 minutes add 1 full package of baby arugula and mix and cook for another 5 minutes..
- In a sauce pan at medium heat, put 1/4 cup of evoo, 1/2 a cup of red wine, 1/2 a cup of worcestersire sauce, 1/2 cup brown sugar, salt & pepper. Bring to low heat and let simmer until sauce has thickened..
- On a plate, place your mushrooms and arugula first, then your fillet, drizzle with your red wine sauce and top with a spoon full of bleu cheese. let sit for 5 minutes and serve..
Pat the filets dry with paper towels and season with plenty of salt and pepper. Use our skillet filet mignon recipe today for a steak truly cooked to perfection! The balsamic vinegar and blue cheese on the filet mignon bring out new flavors. The tender and mild filet mignon gets a sweet, tangy topping for all around taste ecstacy. This filet mignon's got all the goods and is served up with some roasted mushrooms and a crazy good blue cheese butter.