Simple Beef Stew. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. This classic beef stew recipe makes sure you really make the most of each step of the cooking process to end up with a beautiful, rich, and hearty beef stew! Mom's Hearty Beef Stew with Dumplings.
In a soup pot heat the olive oil over medium high heat until the oil blooms. Reserving the extra flour in the bowl, add the meat to the soup pot and cook until the meat is browned on all sides. Add carrot, onion, and potatoes to pot sprinkling the remaining flour over the veggies to coat. You can have Simple Beef Stew using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Beef Stew
- Prepare 1 kg of beef chuck pieces.
- Prepare 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced ginger and garlic.
- It’s 1 cube of beef stock.
- Prepare 1 tsp of BBQ spice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of steak and chop spice.
- You need 1 tsp of rajah curry powder.
- It’s 2 tbs of hearty beef powdered soup.
Beef stew is the ultimate comfort food. With switched-up ingredients and creative twists, these variations elevate the classic from familiar to fabulous. In an oven-safe Dutch oven, brown beef in batches in oil; drain. Return all meat to the pan.
Simple Beef Stew instructions
- Chop the chuck meat, rinse and boil it.
- Let it cook for a while.
- Then add the chopped onion as the water has decreased then add spices too and the stock cube too be added..
- Then add the minced ginger and garlic.
- Let it cook then organise water for the soup to mix the soup with, then pour it over the chuck beef stew is ready to be served.
Add onions, tomatoes, broth, tapioca, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and toss to coat. In a Dutch oven, brown beef in oil over medium heat. Tender beef is simmered in beef broth with potatoes, onions, celery, peas, and carrots until melt in your mouth tender. Beef stew is a classic dinner staple in so many households around the world.